Windows 10: Windows.old has running system file

Discus and support Windows.old has running system file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so ive had a problem with they system running ar 70-100% disc usage for the last few days. Comes back to the Nt kernal and system. But in looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by (JacobHoward), Jun 13, 2019.

1. Windows.old has running system file

Ok so ive had a problem with they system running ar 70-100% disc usage for the last few days. Comes back to the Nt kernal and system. But in looking at trying to solve this issue i started deleteing the windows.old files that i dont need. Turns out rhat the system file in windows.old wont let me delete it daying it is in use by another file or program. Could this be the issue with using alot of disc space and how would i deletw it?

:)

(JacobHoward), Jun 13, 2019

2. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows.old has running system file

Erasing old system backup files in Windows 10.

Hi,

There are several ways to delete old system files. To delete old system files including system settings and files of previous versions, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click System.
    • Click System Protection in the left pane.
    • On the System Protection tab, click Configure.
    • Click Delete.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Windows.old has running system file 521b768a-c32c-4bd4-a644-e5f21ab45cb6.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows.old has running system file

1. Windows.old has running system file - Similar Threads - old has running

2. Dell system still has old owner information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell system still has old owner information: Bought a DELL system off ebay and it upgraded to windows 11. Tried to go back to Windows 10 by doing the O/S Recovery tool. Well.. lo and behold... the information for the system is a school district. I can't seem to get into the BIOS either. What can I do? Do I have a brick?...
  3. Deleting old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  4. How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10

How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10: I bought a new windows 10 computer. I want to integrate my old system drive into my new computer. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-old-system-files-from-old/6f003fc5-b49e-48c2-bf85-87f4f5e60db3
  5. How to integrate old system files with new system files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to integrate old system files with new system files in windows 10: I bought a new computer. I want to use the C system drive from my old computer. Can I use or integrate any of my old system files into my new C system drive files? If not, how do I remove the old system files so what is left can be integrated? Can I save any saved game...
  6. Running System File Checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running System File Checker: I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should the installation dvd for 1909 be in the DVD drive? 155316
  7. permission in system to delet a old file

permission in system to delet a old file: I am trying to delete windows old and it says I must get permission in system. Can someone tell me how?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-in-system-to-delet-a-old-file/37288221-5ac2-4f1d-b943-5ef798ac8c36"
  8. delete system files on old drive

delete system files on old drive: How do I delete system files on a hard disk that is no longer the boot disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-system-files-on-old-drive/fcca3c2d-6e30-4ad0-84a0-d416759010aa"
  9. Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system: Greetings, I have an older home-built system for which I had Windows 10 on it. I removed Windows 10 because I want to use this version for a brand new system I'm building. I didn't realize at the time I removed Windows from the old system that I needed to follow...
  10. Running old dBase IV file in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running old dBase IV file in Windows: I have a dBase IV file that I created in 1991. I would like to hear suggestions on how best to load an use the file. I have a Windows 10 computer and a Windows7 computer that also has a XP virtual machine....