Windows 10: Windows.old is smaller than Windows

Discus and support Windows.old is smaller than Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I made a recovery drive, there was a new folder in my C: drive that was called windows.old . I now that it does that on purpose because it copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LamWarp, Jul 18, 2019.

1. LamWarp Win User

Windows.old is smaller than Windows

After I made a recovery drive, there was a new folder in my C: drive that was called windows.old . I now that it does that on purpose because it copies all the windows system files and stores it there. But for some reason, from this image I took, "Windows.old" has more files than the "windows" folder, but somehow is 18GB less. And, when I looked in each folder, my "Windows.old" only has the necessary windows folders to recover back to that version, but my normal windows folder has many more folders (from the looks of it). So, how come windows.old has more files and folders than my "Windows" folder, but is a whole 18GB less. Is there any reason for that?

Windows.old is smaller than Windows 0f5d6de6-3af2-434d-87a0-f76616dd70ef?upload=true.png

:)

LamWarp, Jul 18, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 18, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows.old is smaller than Windows - Similar Threads - old smaller

2. How to launch the old Task Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to launch the old Task Manager in Windows 11: Microsoft launched a redesign of Windows 11's Task Manager some time ago. The new task manager has a different design but also functional differences. Microsoft removed the -- rather useless -- basic mode, added dark mode support, and removed the classic menu bar. Regardless...
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  5. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  6. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  7. i think my old nokia phone bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think my old nokia phone bricked: hello there so i have this phone with windows phone i'm not sure if it's windows phone 8 or 8.1 but when it was turning on it was lagged on nokia logo and it just stayed there for 10 minutes so i pressed power button and volume + screen just went blank and it does not want to...
  8. Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?: I have a 3TB HDD that I have been using for many years, and it is starting to slow down. is there any way I can move my boot data onto a smaller HDD or SSD and keep my current HDD as a storage drive? all the guides online are talking about moving from one drive to another of...
  9. Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?

Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?: I have a 3TB HDD that I have been using for many years, and it is starting to slow down. is there any way I can move my boot data onto a smaller HDD or SSD and keep my current HDD as a storage drive? all the guides online are talking about moving from one drive to another of...
  10. Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format old os drive after migrating to smaller ssd: Help! I migrated my OS to a smaller SSD. Now I need to format the old drive but not sure how? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-old-os-drive-after-migrating-to-smaller-ssd/286b446d-6342-4402-b890-979b8727a196