Windows 10: Windows.old not auto deleting

Discus and support Windows.old not auto deleting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, after an upgrade how long should it be til windows.old deletes itself? I think MS keeps changing it around perhaps. My understanding was after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Scottyboy99, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Windows.old not auto deleting

Hi, after an upgrade how long should it be til windows.old deletes itself? I think MS keeps changing it around perhaps. My understanding was after 10 days. Version 2004 installed 10 days ago (10 days and 10 hours ago to be exact). Ive turned the machine on this evening given it about half hour of idle time to do its thing but still no deletion. I know sometimes it doesnt fully delete and can leave some residual small files behind but should be getting the 10-20 gigs back lost by the install. Yet that hasnt happened . I know it can be forced via disk clean up but would prefer it to do it automatically. So I was curious. Maybe it needs a lot of idle time to do it?

:)

Scottyboy99, Jun 22, 2020

2. Delete auto suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are wiling to delete Auto suggestion of previous search suggestions on Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools (Ring) icon at the right top.
    • Click on the Advanced tab then scroll down to Enable Suggested Sites and uncheck the box to turn it off then click Ok.

Windows.old not auto deleting 451x569x3suggest.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovy3-RQK8e.png

• Close Internet Explorer and restart it and see if it brings any difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with the information required, current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows.old not auto deleting

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows.old not auto deleting

1. Windows.old not auto deleting - Similar Threads - old auto deleting

2. Auto delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto delete: Hi, I am here because whenever I left click a file, folder, icon etc it get deleted rather than opening. On an online keyboard tester I saw my num . key was being pressed continues but I was not pressing it at that key is linked with delete function....
  3. Auto delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto delete: Hi, I am here because whenever I left click a file, folder, icon etc it get deleted rather than opening. On an online keyboard tester I saw my num . key was being pressed continues but I was not pressing it at that key is linked with delete function....
  4. Delete old windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete old windows: I just upgraded to SSD and installed fresh windows in it. Nowhow can I delete the old windows installed on my HDD? Will just deleting the windows folder in the drive do the job or is there any workaround?...
  5. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  6. Emails auto deleting

in Browsers and Email
    Emails auto deleting: Some Emails seem to be automaticaly deleting from my in box,as I have not deleted them although they don`t appear in the deleted box,any suggestions? 142007
  7. Delete Old Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Old Windows: I have a rather large file taking up valuable space on my primary hard drive. I know that long ago perhaps on Windows 7 when that file appeared I just deleted it. That does NOT seem to work well with Windows 10. I tried going into Safe Mode to delete it, but that just got me...
  8. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  9. delete windows old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete windows old: how do I delete windows old from my Toshiba tablet it keep saying I need administratorpermmisn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/delete-windows-old/a4c97ee1-eb22-40b8-8980-5140d8613ce7"
  10. Deleting Windows Old Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537