Windows 10: Windows.old program transfer

Discus and support Windows.old program transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Got a config sys error message when attempting to boot up. Could not boot up my computer windows 10, nor could fix it using troubleshoot using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerO2, Mar 16, 2020.

1. RogerO2 Win User

Windows.old program transfer

Got a config sys error message when attempting to boot up. Could not boot up my computer windows 10, nor could fix it using troubleshoot using my recovery disk. I reinstalled windows 10. My old files and programs are now on a file Windows.old. My concern is : Is there a way to transfer my old programs located on Windows.old to the new installed Windows 10 Program file?

:)

RogerO2, Mar 16, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 16, 2020
  3. transfer programs

Ghost is dos/windows. Partition magic as well. Paragon I'm not sure and g4l means ghost 4 linux, you figure that one out. They basically just copy/modify partitions. So you're copying your whole Windows installation as well.

DanTheBanjoman, Mar 16, 2020
  4. bassmasta Win User

transfer programs

wow, I didnt know there were programs for this. alot of them list the operating system as linux, though. does this mean they run on linux, or that they can only be used on a linux partition?

bassmasta, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows.old program transfer - Similar Threads - old program transfer

2. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  3. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  4. Transfer old Windows 10 settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old Windows 10 settings: I've recently purchased an M.2 SSD to speed up boot times for Windows 10 - it's only 250Gb, so I wanted to install only the OS and keep all my other programs running from the old HDD. How do I transfer my old settings without cloning my system to the new drive it won't fit...
  5. transfer old laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer old laptop: I want to transfer an old laptop windows 7 to new laptop windows 10. Apparently there used to be a windows program that worked seamlessly, but is no longer included in Windows 10....
  6. Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...: Preferably free. submitted by /u/cmot17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e48r5r/is_it_possible_to_transfer_programs_and_files/
  7. Exel program on old netbook transfer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Exel program on old netbook transfer: My wife is using a netbook that was a windows 7, but now is a windows 8 system and is is getting to a slow down to power up. It takes 45 minutes now to get it to go thru power up and the internet features has been turn off to stabilize the unit. We was wondering is it...
  8. Old Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Program: I have a program that I installed on a previous version of Windows. It will not install on Windows 10 Home. If I upgrade to another version of Windows, will it install? Which version?...
  9. Old programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old programs: I have a USB modem from Verizon LG -VL600, it needs a VZ software driver to work with it, I have the software but I can't install it because according to Windows I can only install a program from windows store. what is the solution for this? Thank you....
  10. Computer files programs transfer old to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"