Windows 10: windows.old

Discus and support windows.old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a windows.old windows old.1 and 2, can i deleted these at least the older ones say 1 and 2 guessing window old is the newest ? Can just right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geordie17, Apr 23, 2016.

1. geordie17 Win User

windows.old

I have a windows.old windows old.1 and 2, can i deleted these at least the older ones say 1 and 2 guessing window old is the newest ? Can just right click delete ?

:)

geordie17, Apr 23, 2016
  2. arunjeet Win User

windows.old

what happens to my windows.old(windows 7) file after 30 days of windows 10 activation?

Do I need to delete the folder manually as it is taking up extra space of the hard disc.

Does deleting that folder result in malfunction of current windows 10?

arunjeet, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Windows.old

I already answered this on the very first page of this thread:

P.S. You won't see the Clean system files button if you run DC as admin. You're doing fine so far; just let the scan complete!

Running DC as admin is simply a much quicker way compared to running it normally, scanning, then clicking
    Clean system files to relaunch the app as admin, scanning again and finally selecting the options. Hope you got it now.

RobertJWin, Apr 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

windows.old

When a new operating system is installed, the previous operating system will be saved into a folder called Windows.old.
    If the user is not happy with the new operating system, one can use the windows.old to go back to the previous operating system.

So, if you have no issues with the new operating system, and you have no plan to go back to the previous one, you can delete the windows.old....... all of them in your case.

By the way, your profile says you are using Windows 8.1.
    This is Windows 10 forum.

davidhk, Apr 23, 2016
  5. geordie17 Win User
    MM that's interesting where does it pick that up from, have been Windows 10 for a little while can i change that?

geordie17, Apr 23, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Change what ?
    Your system specs ?

Sign in to this Ten Forums > top right, click User CP > left side, under My settings, click Edit System Spec

windows.old [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 23, 2016
  7. geordie17 Win User
    ok ta updated OS, tried to delete windows old it wont let me tells me could not be found item no longer on c:verify it location and try again, many times

geordie17, Apr 23, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

windows.old

Can you open one of them ?
    Is it empty inside ?

davidhk, Apr 23, 2016
  9. RWOne Win User
    Why not just use Disk Cleanup and go thru the advanced options, selecting to remove previous windows and temp files, let that run and then see what you are left with...

It's much better than Deleting the .old folders themselves, and requires no guesswork on the OP's part. If afterwards, the folders are left, then would be the time to consider other options for why, and then how to deal with it.

RWOne, Apr 23, 2016
  10. geordie17 Win User
    Yes can open them has folders users with a couple of folders in that.Funny i can rename the windows old folder but it wont go.

geordie17, Apr 23, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Use this tutorial :
    How to Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

davidhk, Apr 23, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome to advise the OP directly.
    In fact, you have every right to.
    I don't have monopoly to this thread.

davidhk, Apr 23, 2016
  13. geordie17 Win User

windows.old

Thank you to you all they are gone !!

geordie17, Apr 23, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows.old

1. windows.old - Similar Threads - old

2. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...: I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old password on my Microsoft account to me My Gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Please help me...
  3. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...: I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old password on my Microsoft account to me My Gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Please help me...
  4. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices: My online account its removed but still shows up on my PC as a linked to Microsoft account and cant remove. See image online acount gonebut still in PC settings...
  6. can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices

can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices: My online account its removed but still shows up on my PC as a linked to Microsoft account and cant remove. See image online acount gonebut still in PC settings...
  7. Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?: I buy a Window 8 license online when it is firstly released and MS greatly promote it. Originally plan to use it to upgrade an old laptop. The laptop was broken so the license is not used yet, Is it possible to reuse this license to install in some product such as Virtual...
  8. Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?

Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?: I buy a Window 8 license online when it is firstly released and MS greatly promote it. Originally plan to use it to upgrade an old laptop. The laptop was broken so the license is not used yet, Is it possible to reuse this license to install in some product such as Virtual...
  9. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?: I am a new Director and our old Director's log-in is still in Windows, how do I keep the settings, but remove the old log-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-an-old-employees-log-in-to/253e9b65-a9ed-4971-841d-2eb947d3e541
  10. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?: I am a new Director and our old Director's log-in is still in Windows, how do I keep the settings, but remove the old log-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-an-old-employees-log-in-to/253e9b65-a9ed-4971-841d-2eb947d3e541