Windows 10: Windows On a PC

Discus and support Windows On a PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my friend recently sold me a computer that was only missing two technically 3 things. It was an Alienware Aurora R8, missing only the processor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheMuffinMen, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Windows On a PC

So my friend recently sold me a computer that was only missing two technically 3 things. It was an Alienware Aurora R8, missing only the processor and the internal SSD. I decided to buy those separately, which were an Intel i7-4790K 4th Gen, and a WD 1TB SSD. What I was swift to question was whether or not the computer would have Windows 10 installed on it when I turn it on, since he had bought it from Dell and it came with Windows 10. I was under the understanding that Windows 10 would be installed on the boot drive, which was taken out of the computer. Any thoughts? Also, what happens if I turn it on and Windows 10 isn't installed? Does that do anything bad to the system?

-TheMuffinMen

:)

TheMuffinMen, Mar 20, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Windows On a PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows On a PC