Windows 10: “Windows on a stick” -Remote Learning Issues?

Discus and support “Windows on a stick” -Remote Learning Issues? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys. Having a bit of an issue here. So a few of my classes that are online this semester REQUIRE windows or osx, because of things like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Honey_Slug, Sep 11, 2020.

1. “Windows on a stick” -Remote Learning Issues?

Hey guys. Having a bit of an issue here.
    So a few of my classes that are online this semester REQUIRE windows or osx, because of things like proctortrack, etc.
    I primarily use linux, but proctortrack, and my microsoft surface book camera only work when on windows, so im forced to have windows 10.
    Since i’m a student, I get a free copy of windows 10 education edition, and I plan on putting it on a live usb to boot from whenever I need to do school stuff.
    Before I go ahead with this, does anyone have any experience with this? For all intents and purposes, will I be able to run a full windows environment from the flashdrive with full use of the camera, etc? I know speeds won’t be great, working from a live usb, but will everything work, generally?

submitted by /u/Honey_Slug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Honey_Slug, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Remote desktop connectivity issues

Hello,

A factor why you're having issues remotely accessing your computer is due to settings configuration. We suggest that you refer to this article:

How to use Remote Desktop
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

About your concern regarding setting the Windows Firewall and Local Group Policy back to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Control Panel.
    • In the View by: drop-down menu, select Small icons
      > Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the left side panel, hit Restore defaults.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

To restore Local Group Policy to default:

• Press Windows key + R > Enter gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following path on the left side panel: Local Computer Policy >
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings
    • On the right side panel, sort the policy settings by State > Set the state from
      Enabled/Disable to Not Configured > Apply the settings.
    • Repeat the same for this path: Local Computer Policy >
      User Configuration
      > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Sep 11, 2020
  4. “Windows on a stick” -Remote Learning Issues?

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

“Windows on a stick” -Remote Learning Issues?

1. “Windows on a stick” -Remote Learning Issues? - Similar Threads - “Windows stick” Remote

2. Learning Korean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Learning Korean: I was wondering if there is a way to turn your computer language to both English and Korean at the same time. My teacher said it would be helpful but I don't want it in just Korean. Thank you for your time and help...
  3. Issues with folder layouts not sticking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with folder layouts not sticking: This is for my office computer, and most of the folders I'm referring to are stored on a server and are shared with other users, for context. I want all of my folders and subfolders to display with the most recently modified items at the top. Some folders will stay this way...
  4. USB Memory Stick Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Memory Stick Issues: After a recent Microsoft Windows 10 update on my Surface Pro, my USB Memory Stick started to repeatedly disconnect and reconnect. The update was 2020-01 Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4497165. I tried it on my second laptop, with the same update, and the same thing...
  5. usb stick for boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick for boot issue: Hi, I want to build an usb stick for boot, to install Windows 10 Pro on an Acer 515-55 laptop. I purchased an electronic license, so I have to build my own stick. Bios needs FAT32 format stick, and ISO file provided by Microsoft on download is like 5 GB [it has...
  6. Remote issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote issues: Hi, Our windows server 2019 has some remote issues. When we tried to access Remote, it gives black screen to all my colleagues. I cannot open task manger and also tried to change desktop background&other settings. Also when i tried to restart server using cmd, it is...
  7. USB memory stick issues

USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  8. USB memory stick issues

in Windows 10 Support
    USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  9. Windows 10 & 3G Stick issue

Windows 10 & 3G Stick issue: Running Windows 10 Home on HP 655, having issues connecting Vodafone K4305 3G stick, it doesnt detect at all but detects on Windows 7 machine. Any idea what could be the issue? 44789
  10. Windows Remote Desktop Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Issue: I seem to be having a issue with Windows firewall. I have narrowed it down to Windows firewall being the culprit, because if I disable it I'm able to make a successful connection but as soon as I turn it on I am unable to do so. I have searched the issue on the Internet and...