Windows 10: Windows on Apple Mac M1

Discus and support Windows on Apple Mac M1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has MS produced a version of Windows 10 that will be compatible with Apple's M1 processor?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinGraceman, May 3, 2021.

1. Windows on Apple Mac M1

Has MS produced a version of Windows 10 that will be compatible with Apple's M1 processor?

:)

KevinGraceman, May 3, 2021
  2. Keith Lim Win User

Where's my update (Singapore - M1)

I'm a HTC Trophy user (from Singapore - operation is M1). From the list of international update (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-world.aspx), I'm increasingly worried that I won't get mine. M1 is not even listed in
    Singapore!

Can someone (from MS) please advise if this is coming to M1 soon?

Keith Lim, May 3, 2021
  3. D_o_S Win User
    Apple Launches the Mac Pro

Apple today announced its new Intel-based line of desktop computers. Called the Mac Pro, Apple's new desktops have been a long wait for many. The new computers are what many consider to be the catalyst that will boost development of Apple x86 software to a whole new level. Many of the world's top designers and artists develop their work on Apple's desktops and with the new technology that's inside these machines, the performance of Apple's desktops will leap to a new level.

Based on Intel Woodcrest Xeon DP processors, the new Mac Pro desktops are multi-core, multi-processor systems. At first, it was predicted that Apple would use Intel's Core 2 Duo processors but Core 2 Duo processors are not capable of operating in SMP mode. Apple's previous desktops based on the G5 processor used two dual-core processors and thus living up to that expecation required the skip over Core 2. DailyTech covered Intel's Xeon DP processors earlier this month. The processors currently top out at 3.0GHz and all of them come with 4MB of L2 cache. The rest of the Mac Pro is equally advanced:
    • Processor: Intel Xeon DP processor up to 3.0GHz
    • Each Mac Pro comes with dual processors
    • Memory: Up to 16GB of DDR2 memory
    • Graphics: Up to NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB
    • Storage: Up to 2TB of SATA storage
    • 4 PCIe slots
    New to the Mac Pro desktops is the ability for single PCIe x16 graphics cards. The new Mac Pro desktops can be equipped with Fibre Channel controllers as well as other SCSI options. The desktops come with twin GigE Ethernet ports and built in AirPort for connecting to 802.11b/g networks and Bluetooth connectivity. The Mac Pro desktops are also fully equipped with Apple's usual assortment of ports and connectors: FireWire 400, FireWire 800, USB 2.0, analog audio jacks and optical digital audio jacks.

Despite all the new technology crammed into the Mac Pro, Apple's design team has yet again produced a machine that's very well thought out on the inside as much as it is on the outside. Internal air cooling is well thought out and the Mac Pro comes with no less than six low-RPM high volume fans. Components are well cooled and with a flip of a lever, they are easily accessable for upgrades and adjustments.

Over the past several months, Apple has been releasing its product transitions at a steady pace, first with the iMac and then the Mac mini. The new Mac Pro desktops complete Apple's consumer line of computers according to its press release, is available immediately. If Apple's new Mac Pro turns out to be what many have been hoping for, it could be one of the most powerful and promising computers Apple has launched -- and it runs both OS X and Windows.

The new Mac Pro starts at $2499 and comes with a base configuration of:
    • Two 2.6GHz Xeon Processors
    • 1GB of RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 256MB
    • 250GB hard drive
    • Superdrive

The new Mac Pro desktops start shipping today.

Source: Daily Tech

D_o_S, May 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows on Apple Mac M1

Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.2

macOS Big Sur 11.2 improves the reliability of Bluetooth and addresses the following issues:

• External displays may show a black screen when connected to a Mac mini (M1, 2020) via an HDMI to DVI converter.
    • Edits to Apple ProRAW photos may not be saved in the Photos app.
    • iCloud Drive can be deactivated after switching off the iCloud Drive option “Folder 'Desktop' & 'Documents'”.
    • Unlocking the system settings may fail despite entering an administrator password.
    • Pressing the globe button may not open the "Emojis & Symbols" area.
    Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices.

Read more:

Brink, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows on Apple Mac M1

1. Windows on Apple Mac M1 - Similar Threads - Apple Mac

2. Can I make my Windows 11 Desktop look like Windows 10 rather than the APPLE MAC desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I make my Windows 11 Desktop look like Windows 10 rather than the APPLE MAC desktop...: Can I make my Windows 11 Desktop look like Windows 10 rather than the APPLE desktop that Microsoft has adopted?I bought a new computer for my wife and installed Windows 11 on it, my wife is LIVID that it looks more like an Apple Mac desktop than a Microsoft desktop that she...
  3. Can I make my Windows 11 Desktop look like Windows 10 rather than the APPLE MAC desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I make my Windows 11 Desktop look like Windows 10 rather than the APPLE MAC desktop...: Can I make my Windows 11 Desktop look like Windows 10 rather than the APPLE desktop that Microsoft has adopted?I bought a new computer for my wife and installed Windows 11 on it, my wife is LIVID that it looks more like an Apple Mac desktop than a Microsoft desktop that she...
  4. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?: I have installed windows 10 on my macbook air and the @ and " along withs are not mapped properly how do i correct this as t is very frustrating having to remender the differences all the time. Can anyone help me with this ?Thanks...
  5. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?: I have installed windows 10 on my macbook air and the @ and " along withs are not mapped properly how do i correct this as t is very frustrating having to remender the differences all the time. Can anyone help me with this ?Thanks...
  6. How do i remap my apple mac keyboard after installing windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. does window 11 work in apple mac book air

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does window 11 work in apple mac book air: does window 11 work in apple mac book air https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-window-11-work-in-apple-mac-book-air/c9e36073-2b7f-4821-9021-0d4d3a7dfd00
  8. does window 11 work in apple mac book air

does window 11 work in apple mac book air: does window 11 work in apple mac book air https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-window-11-work-in-apple-mac-book-air/c9e36073-2b7f-4821-9021-0d4d3a7dfd00
  9. How to create a Windows 11 bootable usb on Apple M2 Mac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a Windows 11 bootable usb on Apple M2 Mac?: A long time Mac users and recently built a Windows PC for gaming. I was told Windows 11 is pretty good and I am going to install it on the new bare PC. My questions how can I make a bootable Windows 11 bootable USB on my M2 Mac running macOS Ventura? I searched the web but...
  10. How to create a Windows 11 bootable usb on Apple M2 Mac?

How to create a Windows 11 bootable usb on Apple M2 Mac?: A long time Mac users and recently built a Windows PC for gaming. I was told Windows 11 is pretty good and I am going to install it on the new bare PC. My questions how can I make a bootable Windows 11 bootable USB on my M2 Mac running macOS Ventura? I searched the web but...