Windows 10: Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues.

Discus and support Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Introduction: So, I had been running Windows 10 on an ASUS Laptop for a while now, and there are no considerable hardware issues... Recently, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karthikeya J., Nov 30, 2020.

1. Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues.

Introduction:

So, I had been running Windows 10 on an ASUS Laptop for a while now, and there are no considerable hardware issues...

Recently, I happened to use a much older Dell Laptop with very low hardware specs, and I was surprised by how smooth it was! okay, it was slower, but it was doing what I wanted it to do.
    The issues listed below are based on my personal experiences, they make my laptop "feel" slow, unresponsive, and problematic.

I already contacted ASUS customer service, they just asked me to reset the PC...

Details:

• Windows 10 Home Single Language, English
    • Windows version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 at the time of posting
    • Device model: ASUS M509DA / X509DA
    • CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U
    • Memory: 8Gb@2400MHz upgraded from 4Gb
    • GPU: Integrated - Radeon Vega 8
    • BIOS mode: UEFI

Here you go:

~Keyboard & Mouse Lag:

During Usage, the Keyboard and Mouse bothfreeze for a few seconds and sometimes the screen freezes too.

Fortunately, the text that I typed in the interval appears on screen as if someone with really fast hands typed it in a blink of an eye, and also, the pointer rumbles along the path that I moved the mouse, fast and in a chaotic fashion.
    During gaming, this helped me steadily aim at the wall while the opponent fired a dozen times and killed me.

~App Crashes

Sometimes, Apps do crash. Especially, certain apps crash frequently...
    Most of the times, the screen freezes for a couple of seconds and then the entire window closes.

When I open "Windows HD settings" and click on "HDR settings" the windowcrashes almost every time - Other ASUS laptop users with similar Hardware may be very familiar with this.

~Glitches and App Misbehavior

Sometimes, when I try to Rename a File in the File Explorer, I feel like it doesn't want me to rename the file... Here's what Happens: The Title Bar Top Bar and the edges of the Window 'Flashes' in a chaotic way do note though, that itdoes not look like how an error message flashes when you click in the background. and all the content inside the window looks as if I were repeatedly hitting 'Refresh'. It stops in a few seconds and the new name that I typed in isn't saved if I didn't click the enter key before it stared 'flashing'.

When I'm in the YouTube Music window, almost any key I hit replays the current song from the beginning. I tried reinstalling the app, it didn't work... I didn't find the same or similar issue reported by others on the internet, so this may not be relevant.

~Other issues

While installing Python and some other software through thecommand line, I encountered some unusual errors.
    Also, I frequently encounter hard-to-fix errors in IDEs such as Anacondaerror while starting kernel, Keil μVision compilation and driver errors, and Arduino IDE compilation and communication errors.

Conclusion:

Well, by "conclusion" I don't mean I'm going to answer myself :

What are the causes of the problems or Do you think it's just because I installed so much stuff on my PC?

I tried reinstalling Windows once in the past, but as I selected "keep all my files and settings", it didn't seem to do much.

I can try to do a full factory reset this time; but,is there anything else I can do? maybe something that doesn't involve clearing all my files and apps on the pc?
    Do you have any similar experiences with your device? it Doesn't have to be just ASUS feel free to Describe okay, if the thread is still open.

Thank You For Reading Patiently. I Appreciate Your Time.

Posted on 30 November 2020 at~23:24IST​

:)

Karthikeya J., Nov 30, 2020

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 30, 2020
  3. No bluetooth connection on my windows 10 asus laptop

I'm having issues connecting to audio Bluetooth devices with my ASUS n550JK laptop and yes this laptop has Bluetooth capabilities. I have tried trouble shooting connections and updating drivers and quite frankly done everything that is suggested by other
    videos and instructions listed online but none works. Can you please help me with this issue.

Thanks

Shana-kayR, Nov 30, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues.

Annoying small UI issues that bother you?

Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues. [​IMG]

Thema:

Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues.

1. Windows on ASUS Laptop - Small yet annoying issues. - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop Small

2. An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem: Hi,This may be the least important problem that I ever tried to solve, but here it is, and maybe you can help me. For many years now, my name shows as "joach" in some applications. Right now, as I am editing a PDF document, it shows this as my name in the comments I add while...
  3. An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An extremely small but nevertheless annoying problem: Hi,This may be the least important problem that I ever tried to solve, but here it is, and maybe you can help me. For many years now, my name shows as "joach" in some applications. Right now, as I am editing a PDF document, it shows this as my name in the comments I add while...
  4. Yet Another thing to annoy you !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet Another thing to annoy you !!!: I lost my Dad in March 2020 :Since then I had to look through his computer. It was so sad and made me cry a lot.We were very close and I had to help him a lot over the years.I had to go back home for 7 months for work, but when I came back his machine needed a lot of...
  5. Yet More Nvidia Control Panel Annoyances

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Yet More Nvidia Control Panel Annoyances: As per other threads, i tried a few things to stop getting this thing updating itself to a glitched version, nothing stopped it. i've had a couple of display lock ups, so as per other times i used Display Driver Unistaller to remove the driver, put on the driver version i had...
  6. Yet More Nvidia Control Panel Annoyances

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet More Nvidia Control Panel Annoyances: As per other threads, i tried a few things to stop getting this thing updating itself to a glitched version, nothing stopped it. i've had a couple of display lock ups, so as per other times i used Display Driver Unistaller to remove the driver, put on the driver version i had...
  7. small annoying glitch with my tabs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    small annoying glitch with my tabs: Hello, I normally can like drag a maximized window to do what the restore down button should do Video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-annoying-glitch-with-my-tabs/e2fb9080-5a1e-4896-9a91-cc884ce45bc2
  8. Asus Laptop issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Laptop issue: Hello, I have an issue with my ASUS laptop. When I type something on internet, creation of folder.... a bunch of *********** appear by themselves. I don't know from where it is coming: keyboard issue, mouse pad issue ?? Any idea, how to fix this ? Thanks KD...
  9. Audio issues on Asus Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues on Asus Laptop: So my wife is having an odd issue on her laptop and I need a little help fixing it. When she plugs her headphones in (SkullCandy) with an Aux Mic cord (Also SkullCandy) the Laptop won't play sounds through the headphones but through the laptops speakers as if they weren't...
  10. Annoying small UI issues that bother you?

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying small UI issues that bother you?: I don't like how the clock is not vertically centered within the taskbar. This is in "Use small taskbar buttons" mode. [img] 9282