Windows 10: windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard

Discus and support windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 installation on my laptop had an error and will no longer recognize the keyboard, nor will it accept an external keyboard. The keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoelR_13, Oct 13, 2020.

1. JoelR_13 Win User

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard

My Windows 10 installation on my laptop had an error and will no longer recognize the keyboard, nor will it accept an external keyboard. The keyboard works with the BIOS and a Win 10 install drive, but I can't seem to fix the problem. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to reinstall Windows?

If I need to reinstall Windows, is there a way to recover my product key without being able to access the Windows installation? If I have to do a "clean install" will it still be able to recognize the existing key?

:)

JoelR_13, Oct 13, 2020

2. Laptop Keyboard is no longer recognized in Windows 10

Your report suggests that something went wrong in Windows. I recommend that repeat Steps 1 to 5 above, then select "System Restore" to set Windows back to a point when the keyboard worked as it should.

Frederik Long, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Laptop Keyboard is no longer recognized in Windows 10

Overnight, by laptop keyboard stopped being recognized by Windows 10. I have a Dell Inspiron 7737, and the OS build is 14986.1001. No software or updates installed overnight, and the laptop was on all night, and not in sleep or hibernate mode. Any ideas?

CharlesLePage, Oct 13, 2020
  4. windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center does not recognize Microsoft Surface Laptop keyboard

Problem:

1. I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop, with Windows 10 Pro, which naturally comes with a brand new Microsoft keyboard hardwired to the laptop.
    2. I installed the
      Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
      to reassign some of the keyboard keys.
    3. However, Microsoft's keyboard program does not detect Microsoft's own keyboard!
    Failed solutions:

1. All the help pages say "update your drivers" or "unplug the USB device and plug it back in." However, this is a laptop keyboard, which is hardwired, not a USB keyboard. It is working fine, so there's no reason why the program should not detect it.
    2. Yes, EVERYTHING is up to date, including ALL Windows Updates and ALL keyboard drivers.
    3. Yes, I tried the troubleshooter.
    4. Yes, I checked
      the list of "supported devices" that Microsoft lists here
      . But they are all mice, none of them are keyboards.
    5. Screenshots of my steps are below -- Microsoft moderators, please don't dismiss me by saying "run the troubleshooter" or "update your drivers" or "turn it off and on again."
    Questions:

1. Has anyone actually SEEN the Mouse and Keyboard Center recognize a Windows laptop keyboard? Not a USB external keyboard, the actual physical laptop keyboard?
    2. Does the Mouse and Keyboard Center actually work with laptops? There's no documentation suggesting it shouldn't, especially with Microsoft's own hardware (like the Surface Laptop).
    3. Where is there a list of what keyboards work with the "Mouse and *Keyboard* Center"?
    Screenshots:

1. "No supported device detected"

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard fcf9e7af-3161-4074-b129-b6833779b44f?upload=true.png

2. "The best drivers are already installed"

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard f45af9e7-01c2-4665-9df1-9dc0661d42ee?upload=true.png

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard 34fcc9c2-7226-431b-8af2-5b55d425826a?upload=true.png

3. "Keyboard troubleshooting has completed, no changes or updates were necessary"

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard b93ddf51-87ff-4e6e-b2cc-00da48760412?upload=true.png

Daniel_336, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard

1. windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard - Similar Threads - laptop longer recognizes

2. My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...: I was temporarily using a corded mouse and keyboard on a Windows 7 desktop, while trying to install the drivers for a wireless mouse. After removing the corded mouse and keyboard from the Windows 7 desktop and trying to reuse them on my Windows 10 laptop, they were no longer...
  3. My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 laptop no longer recognize the keyboard and mouse, after using them on a...: I was temporarily using a corded mouse and keyboard on a Windows 7 desktop, while trying to install the drivers for a wireless mouse. After removing the corded mouse and keyboard from the Windows 7 desktop and trying to reuse them on my Windows 10 laptop, they were no longer...
  4. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is no longer recognized: Hello, i've been facing a problem, that occured randomly. I've used external microphone and everything worked fine, but few days ago Windows collapsed the recognition of microphone, and ever since when i plug it in, it thinks that this are speakers, so sound shuts down. I've...
  5. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is no longer recognized: Hello, i've been facing a problem, that occured randomly. I've used external microphone and everything worked fine, but few days ago Windows collapsed the recognition of microphone, and ever since when i plug it in, it thinks that this are speakers, so sound shuts down. I've...
  6. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer recognized: Hi! I need help.Yesterday I had no problem with the Bluetooth I use the Mini Google as the output audio. Today it shows as though my PC does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have Windows 11, and there is nowhere in setting where I can turn on or off Bluetooth. The only...
  8. Windows not recognizing keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not recognizing keyboard.: I have a GK61X mechanical keyboard and a custom coiled aviator cable and Windows does not recognize it as a keyboard but can recognize my wireless mouse when I plug it in. I need help. submitted by /u/kyleronquillo11 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows no longer recognizing mycloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows no longer recognizing mycloud: I had to do a fresh install of my windows10 now it's not recognizing my my cloud device no other devices on my network are having issues just my pc any help would be appreciated....
  10. 360° laptop keyboard no longer works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    360° laptop keyboard no longer works?: With my 360° laptop from Windows the keyboard does not work anymore. I think this is because the tablet mode is permanently activated. Actually it activates automatically when you bend it over 180°, but now I can't put the laptop back. I can still get in, as I can unlock it...