Windows 10: Windows on Mac without Mac OS

Discus and support Windows on Mac without Mac OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please recommend where if not! I recently messed up when resetting my MacBook Pro mid-2012 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RoguePatty, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Windows on Mac without Mac OS

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please recommend where if not! I recently messed up when resetting my MacBook Pro mid-2012 to factory settings and now only have internet recovery as an option, which does not work. So for the time being I installed Windows 10 on it until I can get an install of os Catalina. It currently does not have WiFi capabilities. I know with boot camp this is resolved in the Mac OS side. Is there any solution with just Windows on the MacBook? Thanks!

submitted by /u/RoguePatty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RoguePatty, Sep 5, 2020

2. Windows Phone sync in Mac OS X

Many of the earlier posts have suggested this link (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/sync-my-windows-phone) to learn how to sync Windows Phone on Mac platform. This page might have been updated recenlty, there is no information on how
    to sync WP contents on Mac platform. Please suggest how to sync on Mac OS and is there any Mac supported WP sync app by Microsoft currently functional?

Using Mac OS X El Capitan

Windows 8.1 OS on Lumia 625

Thanks.

ViswanathP, Sep 5, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update Released

Apple has released the latest update from Mac OS X 10.4.5 to version 10.4.6 on both Intel-based Macs and PowerPC-based Macs. There are two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.4.6: Use Software Update or the standalone installer. This update offers many improvements, including:
    • 802.1X login authentication configurations created in Internet Connect can now be used at the Mac OS X login window, too.
    • You can now copy folders with files to an SMB-based server instead of only the folder being copied and this alert message appearing: "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items."
    • Improves iDisk (WebDAV file system) performance.
    • Resolves an issue in which Mail could unexpectedly quit when lowering the quote level within a reply message.
    • Resolves an issue that could cause Help Viewer to sometimes display a blank window.
    • Includes iSync 2.2 which provides support for additional mobile phones.
    Go to this page, for full issues list and additional information about the instalation.

Source: Apple

malware, Sep 5, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Windows on Mac without Mac OS

Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows on Mac without Mac OS

1. Windows on Mac without Mac OS - Similar Threads - Mac without Mac

2. MSN on Mac OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSN on Mac OS: How do I upgrade my Microsoft Messenger on Mac OS? The message on my screen is telling me to contact the developer for help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/msn-on-mac-os/4efe12a9-59dd-4b2b-b13d-54e21393aacf
  3. Windows 11 on Mac OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Mac OS: I have an Apple Mac Pro 7,1 late 2019, running Mac OS Big Sur.Other information of potential relevance:AMD Radeon Pro W5700X MPX Module12-core 3.3GHz Intel Xeon W 3235 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.4 GHz and 31.25MB cache48GB DDR4 ECC memory 2933MHz 6 x 8GB DIMMs802.11ac...
  4. Windows 11 on Mac OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Mac OS: I have an Apple Mac Pro 7,1 late 2019, running Mac OS Big Sur.Other information of potential relevance:AMD Radeon Pro W5700X MPX Module12-core 3.3GHz Intel Xeon W 3235 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.4 GHz and 31.25MB cache48GB DDR4 ECC memory 2933MHz 6 x 8GB DIMMs802.11ac...
  5. edge on Mac os Big Sur

in Browsers and Email
    edge on Mac os Big Sur: Hi all i have Edge on Mac os Big Sur and it has not been auto updating, i noticed today in my full disk access area on mac os under security& Privacy that com.microsoft.autoupdate.helper is not checked and allowed full disk access. Should this be checked i also noticed that...
  6. mac os +windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mac os +windows 10: so i just recently downloaded windows 10 onto my mac because mac os is trash, and there's this watermark that labels, "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows." and to get rid of it i need a product key, and im using a macbook air. But the thing is i dont have a...
  7. Issue in MAC address - Mac change without knowing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue in MAC address - Mac change without knowing in windows 10: Hi, Recently i have seen some unusual change in network card MAC(Windows 10), I have two Windows 10 PC with DHCP assigned IPs (Reserved IPs). Few weeks back DHCP sever issued new IPs for those PCs without any human intention. After that i have check and notice both have...
  8. WINDOWS TO MAC OS X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS TO MAC OS X: How do I convert my desktop PC with Windows 10 to Mac os x? I am a Producer and Sound Engineer, so I work with music quite frequently. I prefer working on my projects and day to day work on OS X....
  9. Install Mac OS X

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Install Mac OS X: Hello everyone I would like to install Mac OS X in hyper-v (or any VM ) inside Windows 10 Any way to do that? If there is please show me how to do that. 93920
  10. Move Windows OS to Mac

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Windows OS to Mac: Hi, I had Windows 7 on my HP laptop and then upgraded to Windows 10 and as the laptop is getting old I would be buying a Macbook Pro to replace it and just wondering as how I can move my Windows 10 OS to Mac and create a dual boot OS on Mac. Appreciate your detailed...