Windows 10: , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account

Discus and support , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i honestly just about head it with Microsoft support team. and the way the activation thing works. i have a windows 10 Home edition i have being using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AssafGoldlust, Nov 28, 2020.

1. , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account

i honestly just about head it with Microsoft support team.
    and the way the activation thing works.

i have a windows 10 Home edition i have being using for a few years now.
    And and i just replaced my previous PC with a new one.

I have installed windows on it.
    And and for some reason the damn thing wont activate
    even tough according to my old computer. i have digital license witch is linked to my account.

when i go to system&secuitiy>activation
    i see the following message:
    , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account e1a57c05-7dbc-495e-9538-d40caf1a19df?upload=true.png

I Have talked to support several times already:
    the last time i did i got they told to initiate the run window and activate the command:
    "Slui 4"
    witch basically did a whole lot of nothing. so they reffer to the following number:
    18006427676 for farther assistance.

However, much to my already building up frustration when i try to call this number all i got was "this number has being discconected"
    So basically:
    i have a new computer i need to set up with an account linked to a product key that for some reason do no activate
    any idea what heck am i spouse to do?!

:)

AssafGoldlust, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Activation says linked to your Microsoft account, how do you sell it?

No need to create any user accounts.

Step 1.) Clean install Windows 10, the same edition you are currently using and which is digitally licensed. Be sure to delete all existing partitions and install to unallocated space!

Step 2.) When you arrive to region selection screen, press SHIFT + F10 (press and hold SHIFT key, press F10 key and release both keys). This will open Command Prompt:

, windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account [​IMG]

Step 3.) Enter following command and press Enter to shut down PC:

shutdown -s -t 0 -f

, windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account [​IMG]

That's it. PC will be shut down, when the new owner will power on it first time it will be like a first boot of a new computer, letting new owner to select region and keyboard, set up user account and select privacy options.

3. cadaveca Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Nov 28, 2020
  4. , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

, windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account

1. , windows on new PC dont activate.Procudt key link to account - Similar Threads - dont activate Procudt

2. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC, Windows activation key not working: I built a new PC, and used the Win 10 upgraded from Win 8 boot disc in the new machine. I entered the activation key and it got rejected, and referred me to a non existent "Troubleshooting" link in the dialog box. Here is proof of purchase of the Win 8 DVD from Amazon from...
  3. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC, Windows activation key not working: I built a new PC, and used the Win 10 upgraded from Win 8 boot disc in the new machine. I entered the activation key and it got rejected, and referred me to a non existent "Troubleshooting" link in the dialog box. Here is proof of purchase of the Win 8 DVD from Amazon from...
  4. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  6. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  7. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account

Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account: I have installed Windows 10 Pro to My PC. In activation section, it shows that "Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account" Now how can I be sure that this windows version is GENUINE? Please help......
  9. Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account.

Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account.: I am using my son's deskstop. His window 10 activation key was linked to his account and his hotmail. I am now using his desktop and wish to link to my own microsoft account and to my gmail. I have already given myself administrator right. How to switch the link over? I...
  10. windows activation key for a new PC

windows activation key for a new PC: Hi, i have an old laptop in which i bought and activated a windows 10 product key. i upgraded the laptop to a new PC. when i tried to activate windows 10 on the new PC with the same product number i got an error. so my question is: how do i use the old key on my new PC?...