Windows 10: Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

Discus and support Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dj_b, Oct 21, 2020.

1. /u/dj_b Win User

Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no way for me to login. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/dj_b
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dj_b, Oct 21, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license.
    2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account.
    3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN.
    4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the password or the PIN.

How can I spare the trouble of entering them?

Matthew Wai, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

1. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password - Similar Threads - asking pin startup

2. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  3. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  4. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  5. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  6. password/pin at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password/pin at startup: I had a new hard drive installed in my Windows 10 laptop... now it doesn't ask for the password at startup... I would like that feature back... thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordpin-at-startup/dfc21509-7438-4ca7-ac2c-0bfd1102430b
  7. Cannot enter my PIN and forgot my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot enter my PIN and forgot my password: Hey everyoneSo I was using my ASUS laptop as usual, didn’t download anything or do anything out of the ordinary but it was getting a little slow so I restarted itAnd when it turned back on it asked me for my password and I don’t remember it and it’s not written down anywhereI...
  8. windows startup lock screen frozen / cannot enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows startup lock screen frozen / cannot enter password: Hello, I was stuck half the startups on the lock screen and clicking wouldn't show me the prompt to enter my password. After searching I didn't find anything usefull for me. Here is how I solved this problem : There was apparently a time problem, The clock was...
  9. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...
  10. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup: In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to Settings - Accounts - Sign-In Options and added my new PIN. It says that my PIN is set up to sign in to Windows, etc but when I...