Windows 10: Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop)

Discus and support Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Normally, I can figure this out but its my personal computer and my brain doesn't work. Issue: Stuck at Login screen and computer will let me type in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mister_rtk, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop)

Normally, I can figure this out but its my personal computer and my brain doesn't work.

Issue: Stuck at Login screen and computer will let me type in password but re-springs and shows the login again. I'm posting this from it right now in Safe mode but this sucks

1. Startup repair doesn't help
    2. System restore not available

I have a USB copy of windows but so many applications that i wouldn't want to lose.

Scan gave me this

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 99% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I HAVE THE LOG BUT ITS TO LONG TO POST HERE!

submitted by /u/Mister_rtk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mister_rtk, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode Boot Loop

Hi Justin,

It is possible that you're stuck in Safe Mode boot loop due to system components. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to Start your computer in safe mode
    in Windows 10. Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop)

Windows 10 login screen loop

After the latest update to Windows 10, I cannot login. Widows is loading but the initial screen is a "scenic" page with only the network and battery icons in the lower right hand corner. When I press enter I
    momentarily get my login image and a spinning dot circle but no user list or password box. After less than a second the initial screen returns. I cannot break out of this loop. No combination of
    keys is effective.

I then reboot into "safe mode" by shutting down before Windows loads. Windows Defender automatically loads and runs a quick scan. When this completes (I assume it worked because no results are displayed.) Windows returns to the original "scenic" screen and
    I'm back in the same loop situation. There is no option to boot into "safe mode" or anything else.

How can I resolve this.

ThomasMaster, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop)

1. Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop) - Similar Threads - boots Safe mode

2. Laptop only boots up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop only boots up in safe mode: When I first got my laptop Samsung Odyssey z from my uncle, it worked completely fine, running on windows 11 education. However, a couple days later after coming home, it failed to boot, showing the loading screen and then the screen turned off with the power button led still...
  3. Laptop only boots up in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop only boots up in safe mode: When I first got my laptop Samsung Odyssey z from my uncle, it worked completely fine, running on windows 11 education. However, a couple days later after coming home, it failed to boot, showing the loading screen and then the screen turned off with the power button led still...
  4. Blue screen loop / safe mode only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen loop / safe mode only: Hello there, randomly out of the blue my windows 10 pc has been saying ' your device has ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you ' then it runs an 'automatic repair' and 'diagnoses my PC' but then redirects me to an automatic repair screen saying my pc...
  5. Blue screen loop / safe mode only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen loop / safe mode only: Hello there, randomly out of the blue my windows 10 pc has been saying ' your device has ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you ' then it runs an 'automatic repair' and 'diagnoses my PC' but then redirects me to an automatic repair screen saying my pc...
  6. Blue screen loop / safe mode only

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  8. AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode: Hey so basically I have an Alienware labtop and I was using it two days ago and I shut it down, if I remember correctly it updated, then it tried to reboot or something and an error popped up. Didn't think much about, the next day I turn it on the same error pops up and it...
  9. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...
  10. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen in Safe Mode only!: I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go...