Windows 10: Windows only has 2 out of the 4 english keyboard layouts.

Discus and support Windows only has 2 out of the 4 english keyboard layouts. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been learning to properly touch type, and I have good feedback that would be easy to implement to pro typists. If you go to keybr.com and click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riath gg, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Riath gg Win User

Windows only has 2 out of the 4 english keyboard layouts.

I’ve been learning to properly touch type, and I have good feedback that would be easy to implement to pro typists. If you go to keybr.com and click layouts on the right tab you’ll see all 4 layouts. Microsoft only has the first 2 or the technically worst keyboard layouts. Im learning the workman layout and it would be great to have ALL 4 layouts on Windows because my school blocks the alternative workaround to this issue. I appreciate even the minor things so thank you for listening! :

:)

Riath gg, Dec 6, 2022
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Keyboard settings (UK layout not working)

I have a UK layout keyboard (shift + 2 is "), but my computer insists on using US layout (shift + 2 is @). I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard.

• In iCue (Corsair keyboard app), the layout is set to UK.
    • In Settings app, the system language is English UK. The Preferred language is English UK, and the keyboard has one layout, English UK.
      • If I add a US keyboard to it, and use Win + Space, two options show up to cycle through:
        • English (UK) - US Keyboard
        • English (US) - US Keyboard
    • In Control Panel main menu, there is only 'Clock and Region,' not 'Clock,
      Language
      , and Region.'
    Please any help would be great!

someguy171, Dec 6, 2022
  4. dabour Win User

Keyboard Layout

That is correct, and I need to learn how to do this now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using US QWERTY because this is my Windows language.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I'm looking for:

US English Table for IBM Arabic 238_L - Keyboard Layout Info (kbdlayout.info)

I do not know how to install this, any advise will be appreciated.

dabour, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows only has 2 out of the 4 english keyboard layouts. - Similar Threads - has english keyboard

2. Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US: I've just got a new Windows 365 PC and nothing I do will make the keyboard the UK layout instead of the US.Under language and region everything is set as English UK, and I've deleted the English US language pack but the keyboard is still US layout.How can I get it to switch?...
  3. Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US: I've just got a new Windows 365 PC and nothing I do will make the keyboard the UK layout instead of the US.Under language and region everything is set as English UK, and I've deleted the English US language pack but the keyboard is still US layout.How can I get it to switch?...
  4. Too many keyboard layouts / repeating English keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many keyboard layouts / repeating English keyboard: Hello! I just got Windows 11 and I'm a little bit confused with my keyboards. For some reason I have 3 English keyboards. Does anyone know how this can be fixed and reduced preferably only to one US English? Thanks....
  5. Too many keyboard layouts / repeating English keyboard

Too many keyboard layouts / repeating English keyboard: Hello! I just got Windows 11 and I'm a little bit confused with my keyboards. For some reason I have 3 English keyboards. Does anyone know how this can be fixed and reduced preferably only to one US English? Thanks....
  6. Windows only has 2 out of the 4 english keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows only has 2 out of the 4 english keyboard layouts.: I’ve been learning to properly touch type, and I have good feedback that would be easy to implement to pro typists. If you go to keybr.com and click layouts on the right tab you’ll see all 4 layouts. Microsoft only has the first 2 or the technically worst keyboard layouts. Im...
  7. How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?

How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?: When I set my keyboard layout during my reset PC process, the windows configure it wrong, because I wanted in Portuguese, but it set to Afrikaans layout for some reason, the worst is I can't exclude this layout, because doesn't appear on settings nor language list, someone...
  8. Weird keyboard setup. Can't figure it out. 2 Languages, 2 Layouts, 2 Keyboards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird keyboard setup. Can't figure it out. 2 Languages, 2 Layouts, 2 Keyboards: Hey there, So I have a surface laptop 3 with German layout and a MX keys with English layout. Most of the time I write in English, which is why I changed my Y with the Z using Sharpkeys on my German layout Surface. now I updated my setup with the MX in English. Now it...
  9. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  10. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout: Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some...