Windows 10: Windows only open as full screen.

Discus and support Windows only open as full screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After an update a few months ago, I have had trouble reaching my desktop screen. Previously I was able to see my desktop, have multiple windows open,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tlsmith13, May 1, 2020.

1. Tlsmith13 Win User

Windows only open as full screen.

After an update a few months ago, I have had trouble reaching my desktop screen. Previously I was able to see my desktop, have multiple windows open, move them around and layer them on top of each other how I see fit. Now when I dont have any windows open, I see multiple apps to the left of my screen. When I open something it is automatically in full screen and I am unable to resize it. If I want to open something else, it is also opened in full screen and I am unable to see the first window behind it. The only way to see them both is for me to do a split screen which is very inconvenient for my line of work as I need to have multiple windows layered and accessible. How can I fix this or convert back the the traditional desktop layout

:)

Tlsmith13, May 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 1, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 1, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows only open as full screen. - Similar Threads - open full screen

2. Windows main monitor opens not at full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows main monitor opens not at full screen: Recently, when I turn on windows, for about a solid inch on both the bottom and right of my screen is just black. The only way I make it properly full screen is when i open a game in fullscreen, then it reverts. Am I doing something wrong?...
  3. Windows main monitor opens not at full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows main monitor opens not at full screen: Recently, when I turn on windows, for about a solid inch on both the bottom and right of my screen is just black. The only way I make it properly full screen is when i open a game in fullscreen, then it reverts. Am I doing something wrong?...
  4. How to open any window in full screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to open any window in full screen?: I manually have to press F11 to go in full screen mode after opening Apps, I wonder if there is a way to open any App in full screen mode without pressing F11 after opening it. Apps I mostly use are Skype, Firefox, PHPStorm, File Explorer.Thanks...
  5. Windows search always opens full screen

Windows search always opens full screen: Hi, I'm having problems with the windows+s search function. Whenever I use it to search, it opens up like this. I disabled full screen for the start menu and updated windows in hope that it would fix the issue. However, it still persists. On other windows 10 devices, it...
  6. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. It opens only in full screen Settings->Start->Use Start Full Screen This problem occurred after i created a new local account with admin rights. Start Menu works fine in new user account I have...
  7. Windows 10 full screen only windows

Windows 10 full screen only windows: My start menu in windows 10 is in full screen mode. So are all my other windows. The F11 key has no effect. can anything be done to return to normal operation?...
  8. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. It does open when I switch it to full screen mode. This actually happened several months ago, but I have been dealing with the full screen mode option due to schedule. However recently it has really...
  9. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. If I switch my laptop into tablet mode or change the "Use start full screen" setting it will work, however when I change it back the menu still won't open. instead, the taskbar pops up and the...
  10. Windows Media Player Not Opening in Full Screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Not Opening in Full Screen?: Running ver 1607 Home. Whenever I open a video file from File Explorer, WMP opens up in a small screen? Then I need to click the rectangle to maximise to full screen. I have tried R click icon > Properties > run = Maximised. But no change? How do I get WMP to open in full...