Windows 10: Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset?

Discus and support Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I plug in my Astro A10 Headset, Windows has no trouble detecting that I have plugged in my headphones, but when I check the sound devices on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M1n1turtl3, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset?

Whenever I plug in my Astro A10 Headset, Windows has no trouble detecting that I have plugged in my headphones, but when I check the sound devices on my Control Panel, it says that the Jack Mic isn't plugged in. I've tried plugging the headphones into another computer and it detects both just fine, so it's not a hardware issue. I've updated all of the drivers to all of the involved devices and restarted my computer about 5 times. I've set the headphones as default. My best guess is that I may have inadvertently checked that I plugged in headphones and not a headset when I first plugged them in, but I don't know how to change that setting.

:)

M1n1turtl3, Dec 2, 2020
  2. taward Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset? [​IMG]

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Dec 2, 2020
  3. tsur1 Win User

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Dec 2, 2020
  4. taward Win User

Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset?

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally with no driver updates available. But,
    as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But, there is no way to connect it. image

I've tested the headsets on a different device and it works no problem. I've also tried a different set of headsets (that also work flawlessly on a different device) and they exhibit the same symptom.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset?

1. Windows only recognizing the headphones portion of my headset? - Similar Threads - recognizing headphones portion

2. [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.: Hello,I recently have been having an issue with my laptop only recognizing my Bluetooth headphones as headsets. I have tried several different headphones to see if they were the problem but it happened with all of them. I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers,...
  3. [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.: Hello,I recently have been having an issue with my laptop only recognizing my Bluetooth headphones as headsets. I have tried several different headphones to see if they were the problem but it happened with all of them. I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers,...
  4. My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone: A year ago I updated windows to windows 11 and my headset with the mic was working fine until an update that made my sound flat while I was playing a game after the game I restarted my laptop and it didn't fix the issue. I searched online and found a fix to download the audio...
  5. My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone

My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone: A year ago I updated windows to windows 11 and my headset with the mic was working fine until an update that made my sound flat while I was playing a game after the game I restarted my laptop and it didn't fix the issue. I searched online and found a fix to download the audio...
  6. Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11: ISSUE-- Bluetooth headset not detected by Windows 11 as "Headset"-- All headset devices only detected as "Headphones"-- Forced to use webcam microphone when using Zoom-- All headsets work on old laptop with Windows 10 and on Android 10 phone-- Headphones not listed in the...
  7. Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11

Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11: ISSUE-- Bluetooth headset not detected by Windows 11 as "Headset"-- All headset devices only detected as "Headphones"-- Forced to use webcam microphone when using Zoom-- All headsets work on old laptop with Windows 10 and on Android 10 phone-- Headphones not listed in the...
  8. Windows 11 recognizing headphones as headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 recognizing headphones as headset: I have headphones plugged into my computer, and every time I try to record something, all that gets recorded is static I assume that the computer is recognizing my headphones as a headset, because when I use a headset, the audio is recorded from the external mic. How do I...
  9. Windows 11 recognizing headphones as headset

Windows 11 recognizing headphones as headset: I have headphones plugged into my computer, and every time I try to record something, all that gets recorded is static I assume that the computer is recognizing my headphones as a headset, because when I use a headset, the audio is recorded from the external mic. How do I...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not: All, I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone). I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they...