Windows 10: windows only search for c drives, but the other hard drives don't

Discus and support windows only search for c drives, but the other hard drives don't in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have two hard drive which are c and e drive. My laptop will only detect the file if the file is from c drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vincenthartantoo, Mar 2, 2019.

1. windows only search for c drives, but the other hard drives don't

i have two hard drive which are c and e drive. My laptop will only detect the file if the file is from c drives.

:)

vincenthartantoo, Mar 2, 2019
  2. little cat, Mar 2, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

windows only search for c drives, but the other hard drives don't

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

windows only search for c drives, but the other hard drives don't

1. windows only search for c drives, but the other hard drives don't - Similar Threads - search drives hard

2. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  3. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  4. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  5. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  6. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Accessing c drive on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing c drive on external hard drive: I really don't know how to explain this. But I have 2 computers. A desktop, and a laptop. The desktop had a lot of dust and one of the fans has blown and an electrical smell from the fan area started. I turned the computer off right away.Later, I removed the hard disk drive...
  8. Hard drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive C: My C drive keeps filling up. I have moved files to another drive and I created over 10 GB of space but within a few days it was full again even though I regularly use disk clean up. What could be fill causing this?...
  9. Other hard drive not 'recognosed'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other hard drive not 'recognosed': I recently reinstalled windows, back into the same ssd it was on before, however now, all of my installed apps, games etc are not fully recognised from my other hard drive. For example when I type the name of a game in the start menu, it will not show up. However I can find...
  10. Start > Windows doesn't search for files in other hard drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Start > Windows doesn't search for files in other hard drives: When I search for programs on the search function when you hit the windows button it only searches for files found on the same harddrive I installed Windows on (C: SSD 120GB). I have all my other files, pictures games movies etc on my E and F harddrive. However when I...