Windows 10: Windows open but the content inside does not display.

Discus and support Windows open but the content inside does not display. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can not update as I get an error message. Windows crashed after the last update and the computer had to be reset to factory standards and now won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BipolarHippie, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows open but the content inside does not display.

I can not update as I get an error message. Windows crashed after the last update and the computer had to be reset to factory standards and now won't update to the newest version of windows?

:)

BipolarHippie, Oct 29, 2020

2. Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows open but the content inside does not display.

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows open but the content inside does not display.

1. Windows open but the content inside does not display. - Similar Threads - open content inside

2. Pop up box content not fitting inside it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up box content not fitting inside it: pls help me out with the problem that pop up box content doesn't fit inside it for example see this picture the text is not fitting inside this box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-box-content-not-fitting-inside-it/3ad1d1a5-d232-48fc-9d30-5b6a74d15923
  3. Pop up box content not fitting inside it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up box content not fitting inside it: pls help me out with the problem that pop up box content doesn't fit inside it for example see this picture the text is not fitting inside this box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-box-content-not-fitting-inside-it/3ad1d1a5-d232-48fc-9d30-5b6a74d15923
  4. Windows Security content can't be opened

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security content can't be opened: I open up windows security and everything loads up correct, I see all the protection areas icons. I click on Virus and threat protection but it doesn't open. So I try out the other icons and they all don't open too but I can see them there. All the other pages are fine but...
  5. displaying disc content

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    displaying disc content: i am having no success at dispalying disc content when the disc is inserted into the laptop. anyone know how to get that content onto the screen? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaying-disc-content/7b0ae80f-c835-496f-8569-3e54507939fe
  6. Microsoft Mail does not display full contents of Gmail folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail does not display full contents of Gmail folder: I have created a Gmail label as a subfolder of Inbox. I contains 2 messages from the same sender malwarebytes.com, which have the same attributes. However, when I look at this folder in the Microsoft Mail, I see only one message. This means I can't rely on the information...
  7. USB no longer auto-opens to display contents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB no longer auto-opens to display contents: Before v2004, one had to change 9e to 91 in the DWORD of 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, as well as the appropriate settings in Control Panel's Autoplay, to get USB's to open in File Explorer. That no longer works -...
  8. Displaying contents of OneCloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying contents of OneCloud: how do I display contents of OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaying-contents-of-onecloud/cb3ddfd9-ae58-4a75-a52a-6587b989c37a
  9. Control of display screen contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control of display screen contents.: Have rolling screen up and down; jerky screen. OS win 10 with all up dates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-of-display-screen-contents/48d6a2fd-44b1-4e80-bf4b-cfb25c2965f8
  10. Edge is not displaying all content

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is not displaying all content: For the last two days when I try to open Edge it only shows the search bar and favorites. Non of the news and features photos and stories are shown. This appears to have started with the latest WU Please advise, *Huh Roger Pillow 65837