Windows 10: Windows Open Under Active Windows

Discus and support Windows Open Under Active Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If, for example, I click on a file in Explorer, the file opens under the existing window rather than on top as it normally does. This has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheContentBloke, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Windows Open Under Active Windows

If, for example, I click on a file in Explorer, the file opens under the existing window rather than on top as it normally does. This has been happening for several weeks.

I've learned that it's an issue with Windows 7, but none of the fixes I've found online, which are only for that OS anyway, including tweaking the foreground flash count entry in the registry, have worked.

Does anyone know how to correct this annoying problem?

:)

TheContentBloke, Nov 19, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

W10P Digital key how to check if it's legit?

Hi Michel-TO,

Open the Setting App

Go to Update and Security - Activation

What is reported there under activation?

If it says you are activated with a digital licence, you are legit, if it says, 'Windows is activated using your Organisation's activation service' then that is a cracked version of Windows 10 . . .

DaveM121, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Error in windows 10 activation - 0xd0000272

Problem Fixed !!!!

go to control panel> administrative tools > services >Windows update

open it and under startup type select manual.

That's all go to windows activation click on activate now, your windows should be activated now.

Samarth Jugran, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Windows Open Under Active Windows

Well, it would seem that I am the only person here who has this problem.

I'll try my luck at another forum.

TheContentBloke, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows Open Under Active Windows

1. Windows Open Under Active Windows - Similar Threads - Open Under Active

2. 32 bit apps not opening under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32 bit apps not opening under Windows 10: I have noticed that some 32-bits applications did not open anymore after updating from Windows 10-21H2 to Windows 10-22H2, Even when running them in XP or Win7 compatibility.I had to go back to Windows 10- 21H2 to get them opening again normally.Can somebody explain me what...
  3. The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    The privacy window under the settings tab refuses to open: I used SFC /scannow in 'safe mode with cmd'. It claimed to have fixed whatever was supposedly corrupted, but it still won't open. In fact, NONE of the screens under the privacy tab are opening. I have no idea what's going on. The image below shows the window screen I'm...
  4. Accidently activated windows under an old latop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidently activated windows under an old latop: So i got a new laptop and didnt purchase windows as i can get education version for free as a student. minor question: i have got an education key but does that expire or something when i graduate ? will i have to buy windows again? Although the activate windows did not...
  5. Windows not active and folder not opening

Windows not active and folder not opening: Greetings Whenever I try to open any folder on my laptop,it does not open/ close.It gets hanged. Infact, when I right click the folder from the lower task bar, I see random files like {6538D02D-4C80-435A-9346-54B4E0B428AB}C:\Users\****INTENTIONALLY...
  6. Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909: After updating to 1909 some executable programs will not open. I click them and get zero response - this happens even if I try to run as administrator. Two affected programs are Adobe acrobat and Steam plus all games in steam. I am unable to uninstall steam since when I click...
  7. windows activation page not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows activation page not opening: Hello, i have a problem with laptop.Recently i upgraded to the latest version of windows 10.Before that i was using the laptop without any problem for like a month.But recently i was asked to activate my windows.I lost the key there was , but found the product key through...
  8. can't open iexplorer under windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    can't open iexplorer under windows 10: up until last night, I've been using iexplorer instead of the new Edge browser because the latter does not have the options for ignoring font size and fonts that were in the IE settings- my eyes are old and can't read the small fonts and font-sizes that seem typical in...
  9. Activate Windows 10 under proxy server

Activate Windows 10 under proxy server: Hi, i cannot activate Win10 in my network under a Squid Proxy server. Proxy does not require authentication, internet navigation is ok but windows activation is KO. If i connect pc to a direct internet line (without proxy) activation is OK. Do you know a workaround for...
  10. windows open under screensaver? Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    windows open under screensaver? Please help: downloaded and installed win10 last evening...... I can no longer view pages, I see the mini version when I hover over an icon, but where does it open. I have an alienware screensaver, but can not turn it off as I can not access the control panel. Thanks for your help 28502