Windows 10: Windows opens new default browser window with L+R mouse click

Discus and support Windows opens new default browser window with L+R mouse click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this issue when playing mostly FPS shoot games. When I hold R mouse button to aim with scope and then click L mouse button to shoot, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aharris3, Mar 24, 2019.

1. aharris3 Win User

Windows opens new default browser window with L+R mouse click

I have this issue when playing mostly FPS shoot games. When I hold R mouse button to aim with scope and then click L mouse button to shoot, instead of shooting Windows takes me out of the game and opens a new default browser window (chrome or edge or whatever I change the default browser to). I know it is not an issue with any of the browsers because the problem persists regardless of the browser I am using. The issue seemingly started at random in the middle of a play session without me knowingly changing any settings.

I have tried updating the drivers for my mouse, but they are already the most recent ones.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse.

I have rebooted the PC.

The problem persists regardless of the game I am playing. Lmb+Rmb opens a new window even when I am out of a game, I only ever noticed in a game because that's when I use those buttons together.

How can I change the function of pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously or change the shortcut that opens the default browser window?

:)

aharris3, Mar 24, 2019
  2. aharris3 Win User

I have this issue when playing mostly FPS shoot games. When I hold R mouse button to aim with scope and then click L mouse button to shoot, instead of shooting Windows takes me out of the game and opens a new default browser window (chrome or edge or whatever
    I change the default browser to). I know it is not an issue with any of the browsers because the problem persists regardless of the browser I am using. The issue seemingly started at random in the middle of a play session without me knowingly changing any
    settings.

I have tried updating the drivers for my mouse, but they are already the most recent ones.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse.

I have rebooted the PC.

The problem persists regardless of the game I am playing. Lmb+Rmb opens a new window even when I am out of a game, I only ever noticed in a game because that's when I use those buttons together.

How can I change the function of pressing both mouse buttons simultaneously or change the shortcut that opens the default browser window?

aharris3, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Windows opens new default browser window with L+R mouse click

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows opens new default browser window with L+R mouse click - Similar Threads - opens default browser

2. My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...: idk why this happen but i was playing and suddenly I couldn't use win key and when i tried key tester in a website all of my keys worked except my R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows keys. What would be possible solutions?...
  3. My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows key not working in my both laptop keyboard and external...: idk why this happen but i was playing and suddenly I couldn't use win key and when i tried key tester in a website all of my keys worked except my R/L ctrl R/L Alt and Windows keys. What would be possible solutions?...
  4. Swap L/R bluetooth speakers ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swap L/R bluetooth speakers ?: Had to re-arrange the room and with all the cables going to the right speaker (power and cable to left speaker) it is way cleaner to have on the left side. Is there any way to swap left and right audio going out to these bluetooth speakers? I was kinda surprised there isn't...
  5. Audio Balancer is Borked, L adjusts R, R adjusts L

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Balancer is Borked, L adjusts R, R adjusts L: Hello. As the title says, my audio balancer is acting backwards. If i adjust the L slider higher, my right headphone cup gets louder. If i adjust the R slider up, the left cup gets louder. Any fix i can do? I'm using a usb 3.5mm TRRS Dukabel audio adapter if that makes any...
  6. Mouse opens browser when i right and left click.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse opens browser when i right and left click.: my problem started a while ago like 2018 i have already tried resetting my pc from a flash drive but the problem is still there what i know about it is that when i turn off human interfaces the mouse doesn't open tabs but i cant left click while holding right click and that...
  7. Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10: Hi, We had a requirement to block Edge, which was successfully done through GPO, and where we had to set the default browser back to Internet Explorer 11. The issue we have is that if a user search the web using the default Windows 10 search tool, he/she will be presented...
  8. windows doesn't recognize new default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows doesn't recognize new default browser: I (and also an HP tech.) have installed and set-up Google Chrome as default browser but sites and pages are still opened with Edge or IE the other browsers on this PC. Even the google chrome page opens on IE!! Have set and reset chrome as default many times in 2 days it is...
  9. Windows Key + L or + R not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + L or + R not working: I bought an Aero 15. Due to a Windows issue, and a hasty decision, I did a factory reset. I am reinstalling the drivers from Gigabyte's website, but I have noticed that Windows Key + L or +R or plus anything does not work. I do hear a sound when I do it. What am I supposed...
  10. R/Click Mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    R/Click Mouse: Lately, if I right click on a file to copy or cut, the screen blinks and it goes to my desktop. If i click on the same file again it does OK and the menu comes up. Any ideas? I think but not sure that it started after the last update to 1058.104 41196