Windows 10: Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.

Discus and support Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed an application yesterday and I don't know if its coincidence or not but since then my Laptop has been opening to a black screen and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KartikaySingh, May 8, 2019.

1. Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.

I installed an application yesterday and I don't know if its coincidence or not but since then my Laptop has been opening to a black screen and a moving cursor with no response, no keys work except alt+Ctrl+del which doesn't really help since task manager doesn't open also before the application thing I had a problem it said system... file not found on startup but everything worked fine until the application. I tried system restore but it said it couldn't do it since something was hindering the process and I tried to open it in safe mode it just doesn't, same with low resolution mode and I gave up and finally tried reinstalling windows while keeping files intact and that couldn't happen as well. When Windows loads up I can see my desktop normally for a few seconds but after that everything goes black. Please help.

:)

KartikaySingh, May 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor (safe mode UNRESPONSIVE/WON'T WORK)

No luck, I tried both suggestions and the same thing. When I go into safe mode the computer acts extremely slow and whenever I try to open a file/app I get "... Is unresponsive", so that basically makes safe mode unusable since I can't open anything and
    if I boot normally the screen stays black but I can see my cursor.

tcourtland, May 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Email will not open. cursor is unresponsive

updated to windows 10. My email worked fine at first. Now it comes in but I can't open it. It lists what they are but can't open them . The cursor is unresponsive when I click on anything on the page.

MargieMohney, May 8, 2019
  4. Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.

Random black screen moving the cursor

Hi.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me out with.

My Asus computer randomly started to get black screen this happens when I for an example sit on facebook and maybe play some game.

After like 10 minutes a spot on the screen starts to turn black and when I move the cursor around its kinda "painting" the rest of the screen and it will all go black. I can let it stay for hours and it wont come back.

I have to manually kill the computer by pushing the turn on button for a few seconds.

Any suggestions ? please

matiashansen, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.

1. Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor. - Similar Threads - opens black screen

2. as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor: on my second display as i move my cursor up the screen it goes black below the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-my-move-my-cursor-up-the-second-screen-it-goes/d4f685bb-6a05-45e7-a0a0-db86a3a3c69b
  3. as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    as my move my cursor up the second screen it goes black up behind the cursor: on my second display as i move my cursor up the screen it goes black below the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-my-move-my-cursor-up-the-second-screen-it-goes/d4f685bb-6a05-45e7-a0a0-db86a3a3c69b
  4. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  5. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  6. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  7. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  8. Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive: Hi, I have windows 10 and it has always been slow. Cortana doesn't work. Start menu shows up greyed out the first time of use then second time opens after a few seconds delay. All actions take a good few seconds longer to perform than they should. I sent the pc back to...
  9. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  10. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think...