Windows 10: Windows option prevents mouse scroll.

Discus and support Windows option prevents mouse scroll. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to scroll with my mouse an option comes out(that I don't know) that goes from 0 to 1 and it doesn't scroll. I don't know what it is and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlperKurt1, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Windows option prevents mouse scroll.

When I try to scroll with my mouse an option comes out(that I don't know) that goes from 0 to 1 and it doesn't scroll. I don't know what it is and because of that I can't find a fix for it Windows option prevents mouse scroll. afc62c96-7888-488b-b115-01b7016d2a07?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlperKurt1, Sep 23, 2018

2. Arc Touch Mouse Not Scrolling

Hello Norman,

The Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them option might have been turned off that is why you cannot use the scroll pads. Kindly check if that option is turned off. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, then select Mouse.
    • Check if the Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them is turned off. If so, turn that option on.

If the issue persists, kindly uninstall the Arc Touch Mouse driver for the , then reinstall it.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Windows option prevents mouse scroll.

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows option prevents mouse scroll.

1. Windows option prevents mouse scroll. - Similar Threads - option prevents mouse

2. Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls: Hi,I have been having trouble with my mouse for awhile. If I use the wheel to scroll very slowly, it works ok, but as soon as I scroll more quickly it jumps and stays at the same place on the page. This happens both with my mouse at home and at work different equipment and in...
  3. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  4. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  5. Prevent Inertial Scroll from following my mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent Inertial Scroll from following my mouse cursor: Please note - this is NOT a question about turning off inertial scroll in non-focused windows. I'm trying to figure out a very pesky issue I keep having with my mice. I've tried several mice, and at this point I'm fairly certain it is a problem with the Windows 10...
  6. Mouse Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Scrolling: In an webpage when I use the scroll bar key on the right to move down by clicking and dragging it down then when I remove the pointer to the middle then it gets dragged automatically .How can I undo this setting ?...
  7. Quick change for mouse scroll options

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick change for mouse scroll options: Does anyone know how to quickly configure your mouse to scroll from 1 line to 3 at a time? I already know how to do it through the mouse control panel but I'd like a faster (lazier) method than fishing through menus and control panels I suppose I could find out what...
  8. scrolling options

in Windows 10 Customization
    scrolling options: Hi, At the moment, the scrolling on my Lenovo Yoga touchpad is not scrolling the way I would like it to. I have gone onto settings, devices, touchpad, yet there is no option for me to reverse scrolling. I have clicked on additional settings too! Does anyone know how to fix...
  9. Mouse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf
  10. Prevent window movement when scrolling to scroll boundaries?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent window movement when scrolling to scroll boundaries?: Hi, recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 and was wondering if it's possible to prevent the slight up/down movement that happens to certain windows when scrolling to the 'scroll boundary' whilst scrolling with touchscreen or trackpad as shown here I don't mind it for most...