Windows 10: Windows Optional quality update available

Discus and support Windows Optional quality update available in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ciaran Murphy1, May 26, 2023.

1. Windows Optional quality update available

I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435

:)

Ciaran Murphy1, May 26, 2023

2. No power options available after Windows update

Please refer to this link:

Fix: Power Options Missing after Windows 10 Creators Update | Driver Talent

Eranda Peiris, May 26, 2023
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 26, 2023
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Optional quality update available

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows Optional quality update available

1. Windows Optional quality update available - Similar Threads - Optional quality update

2. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  3. Windows Optional quality update available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Optional quality update available: I have an update that just won’t download everyone it downloads after it’s finished it says it’s failed cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 22h2 for x64 basked systems KB5026435...
  4. optional quality update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    optional quality update: Should I Install it??? or leave it????And what is this ???Thanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-quality-update/1bba3355-b701-48ad-98c2-6b9354160715
  5. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  6. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  7. Optional Quality Updates do not display.

Optional Quality Updates do not display.: Hello all, When I Enable Select when Qualtiy Updates are received and/or Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received, none of my computers see Optional Quality Updates in Windows Update. This is specifically to install the Out-of-Band update KB5001649...
  8. What is a Optional Quality Update

What is a Optional Quality Update: I have seen a couple of Optional Quality Update. What are these and why are they optional, should I install them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-optional-quality-update/67bff46f-c5c3-41e1-b618-8b468b85514f
  9. Windows updates option is not available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates option is not available: Hi folks, I had Win 10 1907 version installed on my laptop. My notification panel has an alert to perform some windows updates but when I click on it, it takes me to the setting page with "Delivery optimisation" options. This option is turned off. I have literally tried...
  10. Missing windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates

Missing windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates: I seem not to have the windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates on this pc. All I have s an option to delay update installations by up to 35 days. I need the flexibility to install feature updates by up to 365 days and quality update by up to 30...