Windows 10: Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver

Discus and support Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows Update is offering me an optional update named "ELAN - Keyboard - 1/2/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1". When I applied this update and rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NRJ1024, Dec 28, 2020.

1. NRJ1024 Win User

Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver

The Windows Update is offering me an optional update named "ELAN - Keyboard - 1/2/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1". When I applied this update and rebooted my system, it just broke my keyboard and then I ultimately had to uninstall the keyboard under device manager and reboot the system. Now, how do I tell Windows to NOT to offer me this update?

:)

NRJ1024, Dec 28, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 28, 2020
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08 Keyboard

True, but at the same time most such keyboards don't need firmware updates.

Thema:

1. Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver - Similar Threads - Optional Update offering

2. Avoiding Optional Update on Windows - Driver Updates, ELAN Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avoiding Optional Update on Windows - Driver Updates, ELAN Keyboard: Hi,I just wanted to share with you regarding the optional update on Windows 10. Highly recommend to avoid the following keyboard device update, that led to the keyboard device not working. Please uninstall this update and restart the computer or laptop , in case you have...
  3. Avoiding Optional Update on Windows - Driver Updates, ELAN Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avoiding Optional Update on Windows - Driver Updates, ELAN Keyboard: Hi,I just wanted to share with you regarding the optional update on Windows 10. Highly recommend to avoid the following keyboard device update, that led to the keyboard device not working. Please uninstall this update and restart the computer or laptop , in case you have...
  4. Avoiding Optional Update on Windows - Driver Updates, ELAN Keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?: I had the really old driver installed from my motherboard manufacturer, but I found an updated driver inside Windows Update. Expanded it, manually chose to update to it, and now it's working fine.Why didn't Windows Update offer this as an optional driver through it's UI? I...
  6. Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?: I had the really old driver installed from my motherboard manufacturer, but I found an updated driver inside Windows Update. Expanded it, manually chose to update to it, and now it's working fine.Why didn't Windows Update offer this as an optional driver through it's UI? I...
  7. Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?

8. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  9. Optional Updates offering wrong updates

Optional Updates offering wrong updates: Under "Optional Updates", Driver Updates, I have "Intel – Other hardware – IntelR XeonR E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel R Core TM Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 190F " Problem is, I don't have an Intel Xeon processor, so why is this being offered.? Also, how can I get rid...
  10. Restart option offered prior to update install completion

Restart option offered prior to update install completion: Lately I have notice a restart option being offered before all updates have been installed and were still completing those. If the system was in the process of installing a Cumulative Update, would it be a good idea to restart while that was still in progress? Is the...