Windows 10: Windows original product key

Discus and support Windows original product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using hp laptop. My original product key got blurred and I have no idea about retailer. Please let me know how to get the original product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HardikTZ, Dec 30, 2019.

1. HardikTZ Win User

Windows original product key

I am using hp laptop. My original product key got blurred and I have no idea about retailer. Please let me know how to get the original product key.

:)

HardikTZ, Dec 30, 2019

2. I lost my original MS Insider Product Key for Windows 10 Help!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What do you mean by Windows 10 product key?
    • Are you referring to previous Windows key?
    • From where did you purchase the product key?
    If the operating system was preinstalled (OEM) then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer or if you have purchased the product key from retail store like Microsoft store or from any store I suggest you to contact them to get the Original Windows product
    key only then we can activate the Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Windows original product key

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows original product key

1. Windows original product key - Similar Threads - original product key

2. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  3. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original Product Key Insertion: Hi,I was studying a docker course when I was setting up the docker I wanted to activate Hyper V, but this feature was not available, I had to change my product key, but now I want to insert my original product key, and when I try to insert it, it sends me this message 'the...
  4. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Original Product Key Insertion: Hi,I was studying a docker course when I was setting up the docker I wanted to activate Hyper V, but this feature was not available, I had to change my product key, but now I want to insert my original product key, and when I try to insert it, it sends me this message 'the...
  5. Original Product Key Insertion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Retrieving Original Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieving Original Product Key: I am Using HP TS 14 Notebook PC. It was Pre installed with Windows 8 Home Edition. It was upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. My laptop suffered Hard Disk Failure so a new Hard Disk was inserted without Activation of Windows. I cannot Retrieve my Original Product Key. Please help...
  7. Finding Original Product Key

Finding Original Product Key: Is there anyway to find the first product key you used in your computer? If yes, please tell me how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-original-product-key/bb95519b-40bb-48d3-9963-486909a8de1a
  8. Change product key back to original

Change product key back to original: Hi all, I my son have recently bought a used pc with win 10 enterprise. Win is activated but we always had problems with updates. when i tried to understand why i discovered that the pc came originally with another product key for win 8.1 and our version is activated with...
  9. Original Product key isn't working! :

Original Product key isn't working! :: My Original preinstalled window product key isn't working... Let me tell you the whole story! Yesterday My friend gave me a Windows 10 Pro activation key and it worked ... My Pc got restarted and when it completed Window error says Window isn't activated .. so I contacted...
  10. Check Whether The Product Key Is Original Or Not.

Check Whether The Product Key Is Original Or Not.: [ATTACH]kindly tell me if my license is original or not. * Moved from Community Participation Center ***Changed Original Title From: product key***...