Windows 10: Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS

Discus and support Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community, I recently upgrade my windows 10 to version 1809 as you can see below [ATTACH] But when i go check for update i found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WAFO TALOM Joel, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS

Hello Community,

I recently upgrade my windows 10 to version 1809 as you can see below

Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS 460cb54f-dd38-48d9-85df-7276606b133e?upload=true.png

But when i go check for update i found that the windows update service is trying to get and install the version 1809 - see below

I presume this it is because the service windows update is not looking at the right place. Is it any way to update it manually so the windows update will understand that the OS is already UP TO DATE ??

For your information i did the windows update with the .ISO downloaded with Windows 10 installation media - see here how

Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS 47489337-9042-49da-aed0-fde85307c2db?upload=true.png

Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS 0a2eb517-8888-498f-8420-5cdec15541b7?upload=true.png

Here are some additional information if required:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

:)

WAFO TALOM Joel, Apr 2, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Release Dates

The guys over at Neowin.net have managed to get their hands on the internal schedule for the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3.

• April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
    • April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
    • April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
    • June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Apr 2, 2019
  3. kambei.7s Win User
    Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Apr 2, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS

1. Windows OS Already UP TO DATE But Windows update service still trying to update the OS - Similar Threads - Already DATE update

2. Windows 11 OS Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS Updates: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos & using Windows 11 Version: 22H2 OS.Would like to know as to how many Windows 11 OS updates are released in a Month. Any tentative Dates or Week in a Month. Please check & let me know. Thanks......
  3. Windows 11 OS Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS Updates: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos & using Windows 11 Version: 22H2 OS.Would like to know as to how many Windows 11 OS updates are released in a Month. Any tentative Dates or Week in a Month. Please check & let me know. Thanks......
  4. Is my OS up to date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my OS up to date?: Winver tells me that I have version 21H1 and OS build 19043.1387.When I check for updates by using Windows update in settings, I'm told that I'm up to date, but when I look at my update history, it tells me that, a couple of days ago, KB5008212 failed to install.I'm having...
  5. Is my OS up to date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my OS up to date?: Winver tells me that I have version 21H1 and OS build 19043.1387.When I check for updates by using Windows update in settings, I'm told that I'm up to date, but when I look at my update history, it tells me that, a couple of days ago, KB5008212 failed to install.I'm having...
  6. Is my OS up to date?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows OS update

Windows OS update: Hi, I am working on 2 different laptops right now with different S versions 1809 and 1909. I reset both on them and then checked for updates. The one with 1809 version got a feature update of 20H2, while the one with 1909 got a feature update of 1909 only, and now if I...
  8. Updateing the OS

Updateing the OS: Why when the computers are at a stand still 3.2 ghz barrier does microsoft find it a requirment to upgrade the OS instead of simply upgrading all computers with the update that its so fond of forcing us to use? Why does microsoft require software to let software run when an...
  9. Windows os updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows os updates: Windows 10 very bad. because it cannot control easily. no easy way to stop automatic update download. last 10 days windows os updates and waste my 30GB withing 10 day. no easy option to set time to automatic download. always download updates . t...
  10. Windows 10 Users Still Crying for OS Update Information

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Users Still Crying for OS Update Information: New Feedback suggestion gets hundreds of votes With Windows 10, Microsoft has made a change that seems to upset the majority of users who have already installed the new operating system: update information is no longer provided unless there's something that's worth...