Windows 10: Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update...

Discus and support Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I've had this problem for the past year now, and it's just gotten silly. Like Apple slowing down phones silly. Let me quickly summarize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuperBuilder133, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update...

Hi! I've had this problem for the past year now, and it's just gotten silly. Like Apple slowing down phones silly. Let me quickly summarize the problem:

Day 1: Microsoft releases update and I don't know about it.

Day 2: Computer works perfectly fine. (Still doesn't know about update and doesn't update computer)

Day 3: Nothing

Week 2: Settings or another program I need won't open and/or the interface just doesn't work, and I'm forced to restart (and update) to fix it.

TLDR: If I don't update my computer in a long period of time, it forces me to.

Someone tell if this is an actual thing, or it's just me.

:)

SuperBuilder133, Jun 18, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 18, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update...

1. Windows OS crashes a few programs to force an update... - Similar Threads - crashes few programs

2. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  3. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  4. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forced updates after crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced updates after crash: Hi, I paused updates until a specified date in a couple of weeks time. Windows 10 crashed, and when I restarted, it's now forcing me to sit through the painstakingly slow process of installing an update I specifically asked it not to install yet. Is there any way you can opt...
  6. Forced updates after crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced updates after crash: Hi, I paused updates until a specified date in a couple of weeks time. Windows 10 crashed, and when I restarted, it's now forcing me to sit through the painstakingly slow process of installing an update I specifically asked it not to install yet. Is there any way you can opt...
  7. Forced updates after crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Programs crash from a few milliseconds to 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs crash from a few milliseconds to 10 seconds: After the last update I had yesterday certain programs open up fine then close after seconds of being open, I get no error codes but I did troubleshoot one program stream labs obs and it tells me there is a compatibility error which I’ve never had before.To start with thought...
  9. force uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    force uninstall a program: I installed 5Kplayer to play dvds on a portable dvd player. It doesn't work and it won't let me uninstall. Says program is still running, but it's not. I need to force uninstall....
  10. Windows 10 update crashed OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update crashed OS: Hi. I am having a question and I hope I could get some help here. The issue is that I have installed windows 10 (just as anyone else) on 29th July and it worked smoothly, fast and robustly. Really, no abjection whatsoever. Then, yesterday, I had an update. I had noticed some...