Windows 10: Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours

Discus and support Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reset my windows os and kept all personal files. I started the reset last night and it got stuck at 86% after running smoothly, its the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryceJ1122, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours

I had to reset my windows os and kept all personal files. I started the reset last night and it got stuck at 86% after running smoothly, its the next day and its still at 86%. I dont want to turn off my pc because I dont want to lose all my personal files.

Anyone know what to do?

:)

BryceJ1122, Sep 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade stuck on 86%

I started the update an it go stuck on 86% and 46% configuration for about 4 hours. I search the Web and already hard reboot, run the troubleshooting, the fix it and started the update again and it's still stuck at 86%.

AuroraFerreira, Sep 11, 2020
  3. tafleming Win User
    Windows10 update stuck at 86% & configuring at 46%

I have the same problem, the 86% & 46%. I have let it run for several hours with it stuck at 86%. I have had to shut down and restart several times. I have also done the rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN suggestion/fix. These
    don't work. What other options do I have?

tafleming, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours

stuck at 86%

My surface is stuck at 86% of a download for over 3 days. After 2 days I have tried to shut it off and 2 hours later when I turned it on it is at the same place meaning blue screen saying working on updates 86% Don't turn off your PC. I do see that the
    5 round dots are still moving at times. What can I do to get back and rest the computer?

garygagnon2, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours

1. Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours - Similar Threads - Reset stuck 86%

2. Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours: I've been facing some major software issues with my Windows system recently and decided to Reset my PC. I choose the option to delete everything as I already have everything backed up on external drives. Around two hours ago I started the reset and it reached 10% after around...
  3. Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours: I've been facing some major software issues with my Windows system recently and decided to Reset my PC. I choose the option to delete everything as I already have everything backed up on external drives. Around two hours ago I started the reset and it reached 10% after around...
  4. Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. stuck at 86%

stuck at 86%: My surface is stuck at 86% of a download for over 3 days. After 2 days I have tried to shut it off and 2 hours later when I turned it on it is at the same place meaning blue screen saying working on updates 86% Don't turn off your PC. I do see that the 5 round dots are still...
  6. HELP! I am stuck with this problem for several hours....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! I am stuck with this problem for several hours....: When i am trying to repair windows, i get error, that disk, where my win10 was located is locked. I tried different commands in cmd, but i think the problem is, that my bootable USB is the first in boot priority, also its the only way to boot the system. If i am not...
  7. It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hotglue0303 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiz3vw/it_has_been_stuck_at_86_for_an_hour_is_this_normal/
  8. Windows install stuck on 86% for hours. What to do?

Windows install stuck on 86% for hours. What to do?: Hello, I was going to re-install Windows on my Inspiron 5000 Series to clean it up a little. I went for the option of refreshing Windows I think that's what it's called. Windows was supposed to re-install and keep my files but wipe all third party programs. I selected the...
  9. "Resetting this PC" got stuck at 40% for several hours and then jumped to 99% suddenly...

"Resetting this PC" got stuck at 40% for several hours and then jumped to 99% suddenly...: I chose to remove all my files and clean the drives. It downloaded windows 10 normally after that 99%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/resetting-this-pc-got-stuck-at-40-for-several/be93ad98-2600-41a5-aa4d-f0d1c15802be
  10. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours: Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%. Anyone got any ideas what to do? 11989

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting this pc stuck at 86

2. windows factory reset stuck at 86