Windows 10: Windows OS update

Discus and support Windows OS update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am working on 2 different laptops right now with different S versions 1809 and 1909. I reset both on them and then checked for updates. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnkitPurwar, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows OS update

Hi,

I am working on 2 different laptops right now with different S versions 1809 and 1909. I reset both on them and then checked for updates.

The one with 1809 version got a feature update of 20H2, while the one with 1909 got a feature update of 1909 only, and now if I check for udpates it says no updates available.

My question is what is the reason of this different behaviour, why the system with 1909 is not getting feature update of 20H2 ?

:)

AnkitPurwar, Jan 22, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows OS update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 22, 2021
  3. little cat, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows OS update

Windows OS Builds List

updated list, bigger update soon to include all windows 7 hotfixes! stay tuned

T4C Fantasy, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows OS update

1. Windows OS update - Similar Threads - update

2. Error code 0x80070643 during update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x80070643 during update.: I am installing an update which reads "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.331.1739.0)" Everytime i try to install this update it gives me the error 0x80070643 I have ran /scf scannow, I ran the .NET fixer, restarted my PC...
  3. IE was removed after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IE was removed after Windows update: How can I find out why IE was removed? I'm able to get it back, but I continue to have users creating tickets stating that they are missing IE as well. submitted by /u/ranchristian [link] [comments]...
  4. Blue screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after update: So I installed the quality update 20H2 KB4023057 a few days ago and afterwards I started to get blue screens for Critical structure corruption rather frequently. In fact I had to type this up twice because I got one while typing it....
  5. New windows 10 20H2 deployment, updates failure 0x800F0983

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New windows 10 20H2 deployment, updates failure 0x800F0983: Hi we have a WSUS infrastructure and updates are well deployed on existing 20H2 computer but the new deployed one get a failure when installing updates 0x800F0983 I use MDT to deploy the image so its a clean setup but when applying the KB it failed. after if i try to...
  6. while installing windows update KB4601319 getting error 0x800f0900

while installing windows update KB4601319 getting error 0x800f0900: while installing windows update KB4601319 getting error 0x800f0900 PC restarted several times. Also run troubleshooter for windows update many times. but, still getting error as above mentioned while installing....
  7. Error code 0x80070002 on updates

Error code 0x80070002 on updates: I updated my Dell XPS-13 laptop a few days ago but it seems glitchy, so I tried to do the next update last night but I got error code 0x80070002. I tried again today and got the same message. The updates I'm trying to do are the following: Update for Removal of Adobe...
  8. Updates removes option to set different wallpaper on multiple monitors no longer available?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updates removes option to set different wallpaper on multiple monitors no longer available?: As submitted from another thread, the option to select a wallpaper for different seems to no longer be available after I updated my windows build. The only option left is "Set as desktop background" rather than "Set to Monitor 1" or "Set to Monitor 2". Can someone...
  9. In-Place update fails without error information at 39%

In-Place update fails without error information at 39%: Computer seems to be working properly with Windows 10 Pro, but Windows Update won't run. Various attempts to repair the service all failed: I tried chkdsk, - no error I tried renaming the Software Distribution folders, process would not restart I ran DISM.exe...
  10. I don't like the new windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't like the new windows update: I like changing things a lot, including icons on my desktop. I changed icons like User Folder, Network, and PC. once this update came out... you cant even change the icons anymore! including it goes to settings not a window that pops up! And that's why I don't like this...