Windows 10: Windows OS update

Discus and support Windows OS update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am working on 2 different laptops right now with different S versions 1809 and 1909. I reset both on them and then checked for updates. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnkitPurwar, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows OS update

Hi,

I am working on 2 different laptops right now with different S versions 1809 and 1909. I reset both on them and then checked for updates.

The one with 1809 version got a feature update of 20H2, while the one with 1909 got a feature update of 1909 only, and now if I check for udpates it says no updates available.

My question is what is the reason of this different behaviour, why the system with 1909 is not getting feature update of 20H2 ?

:)

AnkitPurwar, Jan 22, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows OS update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 22, 2021
  3. little cat, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows OS update

Windows OS Builds List

updated list, bigger update soon to include all windows 7 hotfixes! stay tuned

T4C Fantasy, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows OS update

1. Windows OS update - Similar Threads - update

2. System Updates keeps claiming I've paused it

in Windows 10 Support
    System Updates keeps claiming I've paused it: I run a copy of Windows 10 x64 (Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042) in a Parallels VM on two separate Macs. I may boot each of them once every week or two as I encounter a task I need to use Windows to do. Because they're not running all the time, before I shut them down, I...
  3. Stopping Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping Windows update: My computer wants to install a Windows Update. The last time I let it do that, when it re-started it got stuck on the blue screen of death in an endless loop. Dell had to wipe my computer clean and re-install everything again. Now it wants to update, again, and I can't...
  4. Strange problems with the Cumulative Update Previews installed 25th February 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange problems with the Cumulative Update Previews installed 25th February 2021: A few hours ago when I powered up, there was a message about a new WU. It was a "Cumulative Update Preview" and downloaded/installed a ".Net update" on my laptop without any problems. It took an hour or so and said that my version number was unchanged 19042.804. I then...
  5. Since I updated my laptop to windows 10 its been lagging seriously

Since I updated my laptop to windows 10 its been lagging seriously: i have checked my pc and overall its bad ive had this laptop for several years and since i have update it to windows 10 free editon from windows 8.1 it had been laggin and i cannot do anything about it every few seconds that i move the cursour it laggs these are my problems...
  6. WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.

WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.: Today I updated my win 10 version 2004 to the latest updates. After some time my win key stopped working from my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-key-is-not-working-after-windows-update-of/a6d2ef01-8cfb-44d2-8b64-df623cec578d
  7. Samsung galaxy book flex2 5G - Cellular Adaptor disappear after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung galaxy book flex2 5G - Cellular Adaptor disappear after update: I have buy a new Samsung galaxy book flex2 5G which is release on 2021 Feb I have using it normally with a cellular network before windows update, but after a window update require reboot, my cellular network control is disappear. I have check my computer's Device Manager...
  8. Failed to Install Updates

Failed to Install Updates: Hi Team, I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language OS and when I am trying to install new update using Windows Update & Security, it keep failing at "What Needs your attention" dialog box which says to uninstall Virtual Box, but I do not have any app like that. Could you...
  9. Windows 10 update failing

Windows 10 update failing: ok so this is been a problem for a while now, i have this windows 10 update names *2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB5001028* and I'm having problems, this update takes a long time to install, taking maybe around 40 minutes, which...
  10. Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards: I'll keep it pretty short. I have a bad habit of delaying Windows updates because more often than not they brick my computer. Lately, though I've been seeing some issues with it freezing completely and having to hard kill the power to my computer in order to get it back up...