Windows 10: Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time

Discus and support Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need a windows operating system with minimum boot time (15 secs). Minimum requirement of dot net frame work 4.0 & lesser functionality. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshishPorwal, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time

I need a windows operating system with minimum boot time (15 secs). Minimum requirement of dot net frame work 4.0 & lesser functionality. I have tried with windows XP embedded and Windows 7 embedded, but not able to achieve required boot time. Please suggest a lighter version of OS which meets the boot time requirement.

:)

AshishPorwal, Sep 12, 2019
  2. shekar749 Win User

How to Decrease the memory footprint of Windows 10 64 bit OS

Having recently migrated to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 and Linux (Ubuntu/Kali/Redhat) along with extensive usage of virtual OS's

Finding it difficult to reduce memory footprint of windows 10 OS on a new lenovoZ51-70 laptop trying to run a migrated guest OS which is failing with below error in eventvwr logs of host OS

-
    System

-
    Provider

[ Name]
    Application Error

-
    EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords
    0x80000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
    2016-01-26T10:26:59.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
    Application

Computer
    ZeroCool

Security

-
    EventData

VirtualBox.exe

569e6712

QtCoreVBox4.dll

5565c7c8

c0000005

01d1582400729aef

C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VirtualBox.exe

C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\QtCoreVBox4.dll

6f631a15-7ad8-4d59-bde5-59a431caf81e

and Virtual box virtual logs point towards lacking of available ram for application to lock on to ... where the guest only requires 1600MB and the laptop has 4GB ram and OS limits the apps from consuming ram more than 1400MB and as per suggestion from Virtual
    box community have increased virtual memory of the OS significantly.

Upgrading to another ram module is highly unlikely for next few months !! this query is raised only after considerable research in all technical forums available ..... Being an Enterprise app developer have done my homework...

All i require from this forum is to provide me list of Useless OS services consuming the memory i would not mind to hack into registry or a Dll if need be ....

Or steps to decrease memory footprint of OS

shekar749, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Fastmix Win User
    Boot Time

No windows os can boot in 6 seconds...next time smoke after you boot.

Fastmix, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time

Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time)

cereberus & lx07, I tried both of your suggestions.
    First, I checked EFI/Microsoft/Boot/en-US/bootmgfw.efi.mui and it loaded OS normally. So then using EasyUEFI I changed "Windows Boot Manager" to top of Boot Menu as lx07 mentioned. Then I restarted the system to check its working, the same error is arised as I explained in this Thread.
    Then, I tried my luck with Macrium Reflect as cereberus mentioned. Here are the images of them

Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time [​IMG]

It asked for restart and I restarted with same error and manual loading of OS.

But the strange thing now happened is that when I manually loaded my OS after above steps, Windows Boot Manager is not shown in EasyUEFI then I tried lx07's suggestion of Keeping rEFInd Booting#bcdedit
    Now Finally this is what shown in EasyUEFI

Boot Options Menu of my Laptop - For Reference

bharath394, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time

1. Windows OS with low footprint with minimum boot time - Similar Threads - low footprint minimum

2. WINDOWS 10 Automatic Time Sync Interval Minimum

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 Automatic Time Sync Interval Minimum: I want to use Windows 10 with automatic time synchronization, but each computer has a different minimum value of sync interval.Some have a minimum of 1024 seconds and others have a minimum of 15 seconds. What's the difference?**Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / setting...
  3. Best Windows OS for low end laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Windows OS for low end laptop: i have a hp laptop that is currently running windows 10 home. And it's not really good. So I need to know what windows OS is best for it.PC SPECS:Processor IntelR CeleronR CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz 2.16 GHzInstalled RAM 2.00 GB 1.89 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system,...
  4. Best Windows OS for low end laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Windows OS for low end laptop: i have a hp laptop that is currently running windows 10 home. And it's not really good. So I need to know what windows OS is best for it.PC SPECS:Processor IntelR CeleronR CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz 2.16 GHzInstalled RAM 2.00 GB 1.89 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system,...
  5. Ecological Footprint Windows 365 and Azure VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ecological Footprint Windows 365 and Azure VM: Good day allDo you happen to know where I can find the footprint of Windows 365 and Azure VM ?I would like to compare it with an on-premise device.Thanks...
  6. Ecological Footprint Windows 365 and Azure VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ecological Footprint Windows 365 and Azure VM: Good day allDo you happen to know where I can find the footprint of Windows 365 and Azure VM ?I would like to compare it with an on-premise device.Thanks...
  7. Best OS for a low end pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best OS for a low end pc.: i have a computer that is currently running windows 10 home. And it's pretty bad. So I need to know what windows OS is best for it. PC SPECS: Intel R Celeron R CPU N3050 @ 1.60 GHZ 4G of ram 64 bit....
  8. Slow boot time to OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  9. Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function: I'm trying to configure a Software Restriction Policy in a user's GPO to "lock-down" a Windows 10 machine. The device will only run the programs essential to running the OS. I will then only allow the programs the end user needs to perform their tasks. So far I have...
  10. Anniversary update footprint, windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update footprint, windows 10 pro: Hi guys, I am curious - I have on both my business laptop windows 10 with the anneversery update and on my home laptop as well. I am curious, which has the least foot print? My home laptop pro version seems to take roughly 18GB in space. On my business laptop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2016-01-26T10:26:59.000000000Z EventRecordID 2163 Channel Application Computer ZeroCool Security - EventData VirtualBox.exe 5.

2. low footprint windows