Windows 10: Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

Discus and support Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to reduce OSD show time.The first decision was to install "HideVolumeOSD", but it is not what i'm looking for.The second decision was to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by БунькоОлексій, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

I want to reduce OSD show time.The first decision was to install "HideVolumeOSD", but it is not what i'm looking for.The second decision was to change MessageDuration in Registry editor, but everething below 5 sec is turned into 5 sec.Is there any solution to solve this?

:)

БунькоОлексій, Aug 4, 2021

2. [Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

I have a notebook has a Airplane mode hot key (Fn++F2). It works fine on Windows 8/8.1: when the key pressed, there is a Airplane mode on/off OSD show up at top-left corner and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth are turned
    off accordingly.

On Windows 10, however, OSD won't show up until I press other keys like Volume Up, Down or Mute, after that, the Airplane mode OSD works just fine. (Airplane mode function always work, the problem is no
    OSD)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Reboot system

2. Press Airplane mode hot key (problem: no OSD)

3. Press Volume up hot key (volume OSD show up at top-left corner)

4. Press Airplane mode hot key again (Airplane mode OSD shows up)

Follow above steps, you can 100% reproduce the problem.

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10240 (other insider preview has same problem)

Sam Tsai (I3D), Aug 4, 2021
  3. Brightness OSD

My screen brightness OSD is a permanent feature on my screen - any suggestions on how to make is disappear!?

I'm running 10 on a Surface

JennieAdlam, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

[Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

Hello Sahil,

I do installed driver for that hot key. Now I found another notebook from another vendor, the Airplane mode hot key has same problem as I found in the original notebook.

It's pretty easy to duplicate the issue:

• Find a notebook with Airplane mode hot key
    • Reboot Windows 10
    • After log in, press Airplane mode hot key. Airplane mode function works, but no OSD.
    • Press Volumup Up key, you can see volume OSD.
    • Press Airplane mode hot key again, now you see the Airplane mode OSD appear at top-left corner.

Sam Tsai (I3D), Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

1. Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s - Similar Threads - OSD reduce show

2. Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140: In Windows 11 Explorer, I can't make a column width less than 140 pixels. I’ve tried moving the mouse to the column border, then trying to drag that right border, but can't make it smaller, just larger. I’ve also tried right clicking the column header name, then clicking...
  3. Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140: In Windows 11 Explorer, I can't make a column width less than 140 pixels. I’ve tried moving the mouse to the column border, then trying to drag that right border, but can't make it smaller, just larger. I’ve also tried right clicking the column header name, then clicking...
  4. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels: If i create a new folder and edit the columns that I want to show, all columns are set to 750 pixels. I can expand them, but I can't go below that minimum. In preexisting folders where I have previously set the column with to some less than this and I attempt to readjust the...
  5. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels

Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels: If i create a new folder and edit the columns that I want to show, all columns are set to 750 pixels. I can expand them, but I can't go below that minimum. In preexisting folders where I have previously set the column with to some less than this and I attempt to readjust the...
  6. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD size shows less than expected: I have msi gf63 thin 9scxr gaming laptop and bought it in fall of 2020. to this day i used to believe it had 270gb in total, only 150gb available but as i searched further it was supposed to be 512gb which equals to 476gb in msinfo32. why does it show like this.?grateful for...
  7. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285: I'm using Windows 11 21H2, OS Build 22000.434. Since upgrading to Windows 11, I am seeing a problem using Windows File Explorer. Column widths are now set at 285 pixels regardless of what I want to do for settings. This can be irritating when using the details view with more...
  8. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285

Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285: I'm using Windows 11 21H2, OS Build 22000.434. Since upgrading to Windows 11, I am seeing a problem using Windows File Explorer. Column widths are now set at 285 pixels regardless of what I want to do for settings. This can be irritating when using the details view with more...
  9. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210: Any help?I can't find any answers to this anywhere on the web.Somehow, Windows has defaulted to a minimum width of 210 pixels for EVERY column in Windows Explorer, and I cannot go any lower!My Status column, Size column, etc, are enormous, and I cannot make them any...
  10. Showing less RAM than is installed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Showing less RAM than is installed.: I have installed 16g of RAM in my computer. It is only showing 12g on Task Manager. My mother board will accept 32g. I am running Windows 10. What can I do to recover my 4g?...