Windows 10: Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

Discus and support Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to reduce OSD show time.The first decision was to install "HideVolumeOSD", but it is not what i'm looking for.The second decision was to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by БунькоОлексій, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

I want to reduce OSD show time.The first decision was to install "HideVolumeOSD", but it is not what i'm looking for.The second decision was to change MessageDuration in Registry editor, but everething below 5 sec is turned into 5 sec.Is there any solution to solve this?

:)

БунькоОлексій, Aug 4, 2021

2. [Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

I have a notebook has a Airplane mode hot key (Fn++F2). It works fine on Windows 8/8.1: when the key pressed, there is a Airplane mode on/off OSD show up at top-left corner and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth are turned
    off accordingly.

On Windows 10, however, OSD won't show up until I press other keys like Volume Up, Down or Mute, after that, the Airplane mode OSD works just fine. (Airplane mode function always work, the problem is no
    OSD)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Reboot system

2. Press Airplane mode hot key (problem: no OSD)

3. Press Volume up hot key (volume OSD show up at top-left corner)

4. Press Airplane mode hot key again (Airplane mode OSD shows up)

Follow above steps, you can 100% reproduce the problem.

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10240 (other insider preview has same problem)

Sam Tsai (I3D), Aug 4, 2021
  3. Brightness OSD

My screen brightness OSD is a permanent feature on my screen - any suggestions on how to make is disappear!?

I'm running 10 on a Surface

JennieAdlam, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

[Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

Hello Sahil,

I do installed driver for that hot key. Now I found another notebook from another vendor, the Airplane mode hot key has same problem as I found in the original notebook.

It's pretty easy to duplicate the issue:

• Find a notebook with Airplane mode hot key
    • Reboot Windows 10
    • After log in, press Airplane mode hot key. Airplane mode function works, but no OSD.
    • Press Volumup Up key, you can see volume OSD.
    • Press Airplane mode hot key again, now you see the Airplane mode OSD appear at top-left corner.

Sam Tsai (I3D), Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s

1. Windows OSD reduce show time less than 5s - Similar Threads - OSD reduce show

2. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210: Any help?I can't find any answers to this anywhere on the web.Somehow, Windows has defaulted to a minimum width of 210 pixels for EVERY column in Windows Explorer, and I cannot go any lower!My Status column, Size column, etc, are enormous, and I cannot make them any...
  3. IRQL Less Than Equal Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL Less Than Equal Windows 10: I am having issues with multiple computer units experiencing IRQL LESS THAN EQUAL TO BSODs frequently but randomly. This code points to a memory or hardware issue, however, I have run AIDA64, MEMTEST as well as Windows Memory Diagnostic to no failure. The code also points...
  4. Windows will shut down in less than a minute.

Windows will shut down in less than a minute.: After installing a windows update a while back, I keep getting a pop-up every once in a while saying "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Sometimes it happens a few times in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen for days. Also, Windows...
  5. Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card showing i have less memory than advertised?: Been having tons of problems lately with my graphics card. Narrowed it down to either a PSU or a Physical issue with my GPU. While inspecting my current specs to compare with newer products, i came across this saying i only have 2047 of physical ram? Is the issue with my...
  6. Disk shows less free space, than it is taken by large margin!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk shows less free space, than it is taken by large margin!!!: I use mirekusoft install monitor, for removing residue files, after uninstalling programs. I had no problem so far... But now, i was uninstalling a game. And it deleted whole folder - Games. Instead just one folder, in which game was located. And weirdest thing is: it didn't...
  7. OSD's dont show up in some of the games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OSD's dont show up in some of the games: Problem is simple volume OSD and all kinds of OSD dont show up (Msi Afterburner) can you help me ? submitted by /u/MichaelCorleone21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdxa6g/osds_dont_show_up_in_some_of_the_games/
  8. Where are we with the custom OSD fade time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where are we with the custom OSD fade time: [ATTACH] I like the Windows OSD/media overlay thing but GOD it takes too long to fade away (yes 5 seconds is alot of time), is there an option or a turn arround to make it less? like show only while using the media keys or show for 1 second. Using regedit or command prompt...
  9. Showing less RAM than is installed.

Showing less RAM than is installed.: I have installed 16g of RAM in my computer. It is only showing 12g on Task Manager. My mother board will accept 32g. I am running Windows 10. What can I do to recover my 4g?...
  10. Disk management shows one less partition than diskpart and Macrium

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management shows one less partition than diskpart and Macrium: [img] [img] [img] Is this the new partition created by 1809 upgrade? 119305