Windows 10: Windows 'out of focus' or 'fuzzy' edges

Discus and support Windows 'out of focus' or 'fuzzy' edges in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed Warcraft III and the first time I opened the program my monitors resolution changed to the default one in the game (1280 × 720 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamTobolewski, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Windows 'out of focus' or 'fuzzy' edges

I recently installed Warcraft III and the first time I opened the program my monitors resolution changed to the default one in the game (1280 × 720 I believe).

After exiting Warcraft III, I noticed my windows now looked off, everything is out of focus, which is more noticeable on text and small icons.

If I look at the screen closely, there is a very clear 'haze' across text and borders/edges.

This is visible on everything but Warcraft III, including other games that are full screen.

To try and get the 'crisp' look back I have;

Changed resolutions,

Changed 'Scale and layout' to every option and back again in Windows settings > Display,

Tried "Fix scaling for apps",

Adjusted ClearType text,

Done a complete uninstall and fresh install of display drivers,

Uninstalled, reinstalled monitor driver in device manager,

Uninstalled Warcraft III,

The only thing left to try is to reinstall Windows, which I'd prefer not to do.

My system;

BenQ G2420GDB

Radeon R9 380

Intel i7-2600K

:)

AdamTobolewski, Mar 3, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Edge - new tab focus behavior

Is there a way to let Edge focus on the address bar once I open a new tab?

I experience the following behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Issue: The typing is ignored since the focus is not on the address bar.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything. Microsoft didn't answer on that.

I know I work around it like that, but I'm looking for a setting which let me change the default Ctrl + t behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Ctrl + l (focus on address bar)
    4. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Environment

• Microsoft Edge 38.14393.2068.0
    • Windows 10 Enterprise

Bruno Bieri, Mar 3, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows 'out of focus' or 'fuzzy' edges

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 'out of focus' or 'fuzzy' edges

1. Windows 'out of focus' or 'fuzzy' edges - Similar Threads - 'out focus' 'fuzzy'

2. Windows 10 Out of focuse on Toolbar change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Out of focuse on Toolbar change: Short video of the problemAny window clicked on toolbar will go out of focus when toolbar changes hides, shows preview window of a different program etc.. Not shown on the video, but when I press win key, start will show but it will be out of focus too - so I can't type...
  3. Text in Edge is small and fuzzy...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text in Edge is small and fuzzy...: I'm almost certain that a program called MSI Dragon Center (by my laptop's manufacturer) did this. I turned something on called Display Overdrive. I've looked online and had many solutions involving my NVIDIA graphics settings but have had no luck. If I try to change the font...
  4. Start Screen out of focus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Screen out of focus: Last Windows 10 update caused my Start Screen to be out of focus. Is there a fix for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-out-of-focus/9e5459ca-c6a3-4162-9b4a-a71670842c95
  5. out of focusphoto's - keeps coming out of focus

out of focusphoto's - keeps coming out of focus: Can anyone help I'm trying to take a photo of a receipt of a bill on my surface but it keeps coming out of focus. My camera settings are 2.1mp 16.9 1920x1080 I would be very grateful for any advice. many thanks, Paddy H...
  6. Diagrams print out all fuzzy and out of focus - how prevent?

Diagrams print out all fuzzy and out of focus - how prevent?: Whenever, I print anything out from a website, the diagrams print very fuzzy and out of focus. I am not sure what is cauing this or what can be done to change it. i just want all diagrams printed out clearly. Any help apprecaited. Thanks in advance. Respectfully, 143129
  7. Digrams print out all fuzzy and out of focus - how prevent?

in Windows 10 Support
    Digrams print out all fuzzy and out of focus - how prevent?: Whenever, I print anything out from a website, the diagrams print very fuzzy and out of focus. I am not sure what is cauing this or what can be done to change it. i just want all diagrams printed out clearly. Any help apprecaited. Thanks in advance. Respectfully, 143129
  8. Out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Out of focus: Hello. A few days ago (09/09/19, there abouts) I started noticing text/icons in my desktop windows falling out of focus. At first it seem to be mainly be the text, now it seems to have progressed to the icons and the complete window dialouge/frame in whole. [ATTACH] As...
  9. Screen out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen out of focus: Today I am witnessing for the first time two thin lines around one third up from the bottom of my screen and at the bottom almost a third along the bottom line is broken dots. The words written inside this area are two toned and inverted plus all the writing or icons in the...
  10. photo out of focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo out of focus: need to make a photo defused / very out of focus Character are black, but I want the characters to be out of focus. will be use in an ad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-out-of-focus/d143878a-db7c-4da0-97eb-de379d6e1a98