Windows 10: Windows + P (Change Display settings) resetting everytime i click on something.

Discus and support Windows + P (Change Display settings) resetting everytime i click on something. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I bought a HDMI Switcher for a mini TV I had laying around, so I could get a dual monitor set up. I plugged it in, all working fine until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daunsie, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Daunsie Win User

Windows + P (Change Display settings) resetting everytime i click on something.

Recently I bought a HDMI Switcher for a mini TV I had laying around, so I could get a dual monitor set up.

I plugged it in, all working fine until I wanted to make it so the display would be extended. When I clicked on Extend, it went to Second screen only and stretched my regular monitor because of the resolution of the TV (being 1080x900).

Everytime I click Windows + P the menu comes up as it should, I click on Extend, but it doesen't do anything, then I click out of the menu, click Windows + P again, and it's back to second screen only.

Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daunsie.

:)

Daunsie, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Hi Daunsie,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. What is the make and model of the system?
    3. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Method 1: Check for updates.

I would suggest you to check if you have installed all the updates on the computer. There are chances that you might get HDMI drivers through update:

Open the Settings page > Go to
    Update and Security> Click on Check for Updates. Once the updates are installed, restart the pc and check for the issue.

Method 2: Update Display drivers.

I suggest you to update the display drivers, follow this article to

Update drivers in Windows 10
    , and also refer this article

View display settings in Windows 10
    , I also suggest you to check the HDMI Switcher, if that is working fine.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Daunsie Win User

Recently I bought a HDMI Switcher for a mini TV I had laying around, so I could get a dual monitor set up.

I plugged it in, all working fine until I wanted to make it so the display would be extended. When I clicked on Extend, it went to Second screen only and stretched my regular monitor because of the resolution of the TV (being 1080x900).

Everytime I click Windows + P the menu comes up as it should, I click on Extend, but it doesen't do anything, then I click out of the menu, click Windows + P again, and it's back to second screen only.

Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daunsie, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Hi Daunsie,

Thank you for the reply.

Apologize for the delay in reply.

I would suggest you to enable the BIOS Switch if it is available. If it's not enabled, the bios won't recognize the display before windows starts.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

The change the switch on BIOS you need to contact the manufacture to check the BIOS settings. However, I suggest you to set same screen resolution on both the monitors and then try to extend, and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows + P (Change Display settings) resetting everytime i click on something. - Similar Threads - Change Display settings

2. Display automatically change their configuration when click on windows 10 display settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display automatically change their configuration when click on windows 10 display settings.: I have a Windows 10 on my laptop which has an Nvidia graphic card Quadro 1000M. I configured the display contrast and gamma from the control panel of Nvidia and saved this setting but something went wrong when I opened the settings of Windows and then entered system/display...
  3. Display automatically change their configuration when click on windows 10 display settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display automatically change their configuration when click on windows 10 display settings.: I have a Windows 10 on my laptop which has an Nvidia graphic card Quadro 1000M. I configured the display contrast and gamma from the control panel of Nvidia and saved this setting but something went wrong when I opened the settings of Windows and then entered system/display...
  4. Display automatically change their configuration when click on windows 10 display settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display brightness resets without the setting changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display brightness resets without the setting changing: using a second monitor and whenever I put the laptop to sleep, when it wakes up the screen is extremely bright. if you go into the settings, it is still set where you put it 35 for me and you have to move the slider and move it back to get the actual brightness to match the...
  6. Display brightness resets without the setting changing

Display brightness resets without the setting changing: using a second monitor and whenever I put the laptop to sleep, when it wakes up the screen is extremely bright. if you go into the settings, it is still set where you put it 35 for me and you have to move the slider and move it back to get the actual brightness to match the...
  7. Taskbar is blank and everytime I click on it it resets explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is blank and everytime I click on it it resets explorer: I can click on apps on the desktop but I cant use any shortcuts or the search bar. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-blank-and-everytime-i-click-on-it-it/1579b959-91e6-46f8-ada0-1a03a12eb114
  8. Taskbar is blank and everytime I click on it it resets explorer

Taskbar is blank and everytime I click on it it resets explorer: I can click on apps on the desktop but I cant use any shortcuts or the search bar. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-blank-and-everytime-i-click-on-it-it/1579b959-91e6-46f8-ada0-1a03a12eb114
  9. Taskbar is blank and everytime I click on it it resets explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Something going on with the display of Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Something going on with the display of Windows Settings?: Look at this image.... [img] Where is the Account Picture - Green arrow? Where is the "Windows Settings" text - it's gone? - Yellow arrow. Why does the icon show Windows Update - Update in Progress, if there is no Windows update? - Red Arrow. Strange. *Shock 161475