Windows 10: Windows Paint / Photo Viewer

Discus and support Windows Paint / Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I back out of having every photo open up in Paint when I just want the viewer for a larger size and go back to the default? I mistakenly chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JM56MSQs, Mar 8, 2020.

1. JM56MSQs Win User

Windows Paint / Photo Viewer

How do I back out of having every photo open up in Paint when I just want the viewer for a larger size and go back to the default?

I mistakenly chose "use this App" or similar when the side bar opened up to ask how do you want to open this up.

On occasion I use Paint plain old Paint, not 3D or anything fancy to edit a photo/add text box, etc.

I have Windows 10 v1809 OS Build 17763.1039 on my work laptop. I want to go back to choose my own each time.

:)

JM56MSQs, Mar 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 8, 2020
  4. tomseys Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

I downloaded and merged the registry fix as per the instructions and I'm still not getting a listing for Windows Photo Viewer in Settings/Default Apps/Photo Viewer. When I click on this I just get Photos and Paint and Look for an app in the store offered. If I right click a photo and choose open with, there is no windows photo viewer choice. If I go into the old control panel and try to set defaults there, it does list window photo viewer, but states it has all its defaults which seems to be tiff files. In any case, I can't get it to list to
    choose it in Settings/Default Apps or on a right click.

Windows Paint / Photo Viewer [​IMG]

tomseys, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Paint / Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Paint Photo Viewer

2. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo viewer: today when opening up a photo with windows photo viewer i noticed something i did not get the other day. now hen i open up a photo I t says loading on every picture i hit as of Friday i had sent a photo from my email to my desktop and opened it it came right up now that same...
  3. Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working: As Shown below all three apps appears as white boxes and I can't see photos as thumbnails, I have to open it individually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-viewer-snip-sketch-paint-3d-is-not-working/e400acf0-76f7-4e7e-a786-9a3abc1fa891
  4. Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working

Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working: As Shown below all three apps appears as white boxes and I can't see photos as thumbnails, I have to open it individually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-viewer-snip-sketch-paint-3d-is-not-working/e400acf0-76f7-4e7e-a786-9a3abc1fa891
  5. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  6. windows photo viewer

windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  7. WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER

WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER: PHOTO VIEWER is not working today. I have Windows 10 and have been using the Windows Photo Viewer all the time. Today it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-photo-viewer/6354ab2c-b48b-440a-be57-c281a1389cd8
  8. Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Viewer: Windows Photo Viewer freezes every time I upload photos from my iPhone. This has been a problem for months Is it a common problem? This needs to be fixed ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/848f0891-177c-4db4-a03e-7eee4f4a5a81
  9. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows photo viewer: Is it still available to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/9df65b62-bc91-4e3e-a3f0-d40140633415
  10. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777