Windows 10: Windows Paint

Discus and support Windows Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The new version of Windows Paint FAILS to: Copy, move and paste a section eg 12x12 pixels. Why has the sensitivity been altered, or was the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Freddy5x, Aug 11, 2019 at 9:27 AM.

1. Freddy5x Win User

Windows Paint

The new version of Windows Paint FAILS to:

Copy, move and paste a section eg 12x12 pixels.

Why has the sensitivity been altered, or was the update done by someone oblivious to the uses of

"copy and paste"?

Why is it newer versions of Windows always come with bugs, is the testing "RUSHED"?

Any alternative methods of copy-pasting small fractions of a photo?

:)

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

3. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 11, 2019 at 9:28 AM
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Paint

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thema:

Windows Paint

1. Windows Paint - Similar Threads - Paint

2. Microsoft adds Paint placeholder to Windows 10 Optional Features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds Paint placeholder to Windows 10 Optional Features: Microsoft Paint shows up as an optional feature in Windows Insider builds, suggesting that it will be uninstallable at some point, though we don’t have a confirmation from the Redmond firm yet. Microsoft Paint will continue to remain a part of Windows 10, but it’s possible...
  3. Microsoft Windows Paint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows Paint: Is it possible to download plugins for paint? I want to save a picture as a ico format and I don't have any options under File/Save As/List of 5 Options only. please help me or please upgrade window 10 for me so that I would have that feture....
  4. Paint 3d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d: Paint 3d how do I make canvas / background transparent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d/1b1c63d2-75a8-40ef-9427-8d6036ff485e
  5. Paint 3D Crashes on Splash Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paint 3D Crashes on Splash Screen: Every time I open Paint 3D, it just quits. No error messages, sometimes doesn't even get to the splash screen. Please help. Some OS info Windows 10 Pro - Build 1903 Latest update - KB4507453 Device - 2018 MacBook Air 128GB With Boot Camp...
  6. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Paint: I see some people are having problems with Microsoft Paint. I have a BIG problem!!! I am not computer savvy. I know just enough to be dangerous. Sometimes if I poke around I can find a solution to a problem. First, I didn't know I had Paint. Supposedly it comes with...
  7. Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?

Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?: Dear everyone, With the lastest Windows 10 update, version 1903, the behavior of the paint app changes a little. 1. If you select a small area, e.g. 20 pixels by 20 pixels, and then try to move this area, the mouse cursor does not change to the...
  8. Microsoft Paint editing (not 3D)

Microsoft Paint editing (not 3D): Today I did the newest update for Windows 10 since the current support ends soon. After I successfully did the updating, I found that in Paint I can no longer select and move a single pixel of color to a new location. Cut and paste does not work as an alternative because the...
  9. Windows Paint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Paint: OK I want to put 2 photos side by side. The 1st time I attempted this. Using Windows Paint. Worked great. Now every time. I open Paint, Paste From, select a photo from one of my files in Dropbox OR Pictures. It opens up HUGE on the Paint window. I have tried the Resizing...
  10. Problems with new version of Paint (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.239)

Problems with new version of Paint (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.239): Immediately upon updating my PC to Windows 10, version 1903 (which was a forced update from Microsoft), my paint application developed an insufficiency. I can no longer select a small portion of the image with the "Select" tool and drag it. This creates a great inconvenience...