Windows 10: Windows Paint

Discus and support Windows Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The new version of Windows Paint FAILS to: Copy, move and paste a section eg 12x12 pixels. Why has the sensitivity been altered, or was the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Freddy5x, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Freddy5x Win User

Windows Paint

The new version of Windows Paint FAILS to:

Copy, move and paste a section eg 12x12 pixels.

Why has the sensitivity been altered, or was the update done by someone oblivious to the uses of

"copy and paste"?

Why is it newer versions of Windows always come with bugs, is the testing "RUSHED"?

Any alternative methods of copy-pasting small fractions of a photo?

:)

Freddy5x, Aug 11, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Aug 11, 2019
  3. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Paint

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Paint

1. Windows Paint - Similar Threads - Paint

2. Paint Layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Layers: Hello.I would like to know what to do with the Layers I've created on Win 11 Paint?After many attempts I have managed to enter pictures into several layers but now don't know what to do with them. I've tried the instructions I found to merge them down and save them but all I...
  3. Paint Layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint Layers: Hello.I would like to know what to do with the Layers I've created on Win 11 Paint?After many attempts I have managed to enter pictures into several layers but now don't know what to do with them. I've tried the instructions I found to merge them down and save them but all I...
  4. Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.: I'm doing a project on paint that requires a few files to be 6x9 inches. On some, when I set the properties to that measurement, the ruler and measurements on the program state 6x9, and the pixels in the files properties correspond also to those measurements.However, on other...
  5. Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.

Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.: I'm doing a project on paint that requires a few files to be 6x9 inches. On some, when I set the properties to that measurement, the ruler and measurements on the program state 6x9, and the pixels in the files properties correspond also to those measurements.However, on other...
  6. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  7. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  8. Paint 3d project got covered in black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d project got covered in black: Hello, I was working on a project on Paint 3d. Most of what I had painted seemingly got deleted while the file itself remained. I am unable to undo this change, nor am I able to look at the undo history. I've tried going into the version history, but there's nothing there,...
  9. Paint 3d project got covered in black

Paint 3d project got covered in black: Hello, I was working on a project on Paint 3d. Most of what I had painted seemingly got deleted while the file itself remained. I am unable to undo this change, nor am I able to look at the undo history. I've tried going into the version history, but there's nothing there,...
  10. Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint: So whenever I try using the pencil tool, it just doesn't draw the line where I want it to. The line isn't drawn where I place it down, and it later goes there if I keep drawing. Its impossible to click and expect a dot to show up either. Undoing it doesn't do anything either....