Windows 10: Windows panning headphones to the right slightly when using USB Audio Interfaces

Discus and support Windows panning headphones to the right slightly when using USB Audio Interfaces in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a huge issues in windows where it pans my audio very slightly to the right (20% or so) ear. I was using my Hyper X cloud 2's until last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnDole25, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows panning headphones to the right slightly when using USB Audio Interfaces

I have a huge issues in windows where it pans my audio very slightly to the right (20% or so) ear.

I was using my Hyper X cloud 2's until last week where I decided to get my condenser Mic and interface out.

I noticed immediately that the right ear was louder, or about 20% panned right.

I thought it was because i was using a headset so I tried my Beyer 770's. Same

I bought a new interface TWICE and the audio is still panned slightly right. This isn't an issues with My hyper X plugged into it's own usb contoller, no panning.

I tried

1. Asio drivers, No drivers, DDU'ing Realtek drivers

2. Different ports, motherboard options

3. 3 Pairs of Headphones

4. Tweaking windows settings, making sure balance was correct etc

5. 3 Different audio interfaces, UMC22, UMC204HD, Lexicon Alpha

Nothing works and it makes no sense. I'm using 1903

:)

johnDole25, Jun 15, 2019
  2. spunk Win User

Audio only comes out one headphone w/ interface plugged in

Which sound port are the Headphones plugged into? The Audio Interface, or the Headphone jack of the laptop? If headphones work thru computer but not interface, then the interface headphone jack has an issue. If the headphone don't work in either port, computer or interface, then the computer Headphone jack has a problem,.
    Try pulling the headphone plug out just slightly, like a milometer.

spunk, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Audio keeps panning to the right

Hello Banaanilo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with audio panning towards right in your headset. The issue could be occurring due to the Sound settings that might have got altered. We will look into this for you. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see
    if it works:

Method 1

When the speaker levels are not Balanced, this issue could occur. Hence, I suggest you to check with the Left and Right balance of Speakers in Levels tab. To do that;

• Right click on the Speaker
      icon on the Taskbar and choose Sounds.
    • In Playback tab, choose your Headphones and
      right click on it to select Properties.
    • In there, click on Levels tab, and hit on Balance option.
    • Make sure both L and R levels are balanced.

Once after making the changes, check if the issue persists. If it doesn't, kindly follow method 2.

Method 2

The issue could be occurring due to the outdated drivers that are installed on your machine. Hence we will try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that;

• Right click on the Start menu and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Narrow down to Audio inputs and outputs and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver and choose
      Update driver
      and proceed with the onscreen prompts.

Here's an article for your reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If you already have the best drivers installed on your device, kindly visit your PC manufacturer's website and install the latest drivers.

Please get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Windows panning headphones to the right slightly when using USB Audio Interfaces

Audio only comes out one headphone w/ interface plugged in

The headphones work in the computer port, but not the port on the interface that I have or that my friend had. We've tried two different interfaces with two different pairs of headphones (and each possible combination), but the headphones and interface work fine with his laptop.

jdog4life1031, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows panning headphones to the right slightly when using USB Audio Interfaces

1. Windows panning headphones to the right slightly when using USB Audio Interfaces - Similar Threads - panning headphones right

2. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  3. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  4. No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...: Hi! I'm right at my wit's end. My speaker icon randomly had an X over it one day a couple of weeks ago, no audio devices found. I rebooted and it operated as expected. Then it happened again, rebooted again, worked again.Eventually this cycle got frustrating enough that I...
  5. No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...: Hi! I'm right at my wit's end. My speaker icon randomly had an X over it one day a couple of weeks ago, no audio devices found. I rebooted and it operated as expected. Then it happened again, rebooted again, worked again.Eventually this cycle got frustrating enough that I...
  6. Audio globally panned to the right - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio globally panned to the right - Windows 10: Hi, So I have noticed over the past few days that my audio is slightly panned to the right, especially noticible when mono audio is on. At first I thought it was my headphones or my DAC, but have tried my bluetooth earbuds and my laptop's audio jack directly and they all...
  7. Audio USB interface problem

Audio USB interface problem: For some reason my Behringer UMC22 USB interface no longer accepts input from the instrument socket. I can use the microphone input but this produces a latency problem that is not compatible with trying to record music against a backing track All used to work OK until...
  8. Any way to pan audio left or right by app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to pan audio left or right by app?: Is there any native Windows 10 function that would allow me to select which channel (Left and Right) that audio is sent to, on an app-by-app basis? For example, Youtube in the Left channel only and Discord in the Right? If Windows 10 can't do this natively, is there a third...
  9. Pops and crackling in audio when using audio interface.

Pops and crackling in audio when using audio interface.: Hello. I'm experiencing pops and crackling when using an audio interface in my laptop. The interface is theAudient iD14, and I believe it's not a hardware problem with it, because it works perfectly well in my home's PC same cable used, same headphones, etc.. The audio...
  10. Audio keeps panning to the right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio keeps panning to the right: Hey, I regularly play games on my pc but sometimes (maybe 2 or 3 times a day) the audio in my headset pans to the right. It only fixes when I go to my sound manager and test my surround sound, but its very annoying to do that all the time. I dont think it is because of my...