Windows 10: Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

Discus and support Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but nowhere else & I have dual monitors with updated nvidea drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ray Respass, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but nowhere else & I have dual monitors with updated nvidea drivers. When I try to click on another screen, I can't. I then click control, alt, delete for task manager & it pops up and I click it to open then, I close it down and I can click on anything again. This just started this week 3/7/19

I scanned with malware bytes in safe mode, adware ware cleaner that removed 3 minor threats, did widows updates ect. Does anyone have this issues or can help me?

my PC is Dell XPS 8920 Intle core i7-770 cpu @ 3.60Ghz 3.60 Ghz 16gb ram 64 bit pc windows 10 pro v 1809

:)

Ray Respass, Mar 7, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Partial Freeze

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the computer freeze. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you had installed any third party security application.

This issue may arise due to the following reasons:

1. Driver conflicts or get outdated.

2. Malware attacks.

3. Multiple programs running at a same time.

4. Application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

1. Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but... - Similar Threads - partially freezes mouse

2. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  3. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  4. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Partially Freezing

Windows Partially Freezing: Hello, I've been experiencing random freezing to which my screen will freeze and become unresponsive to commands. I can move the mouse, but all things either freeze, leave ghost images or I cant interact with all together. I've had two incidents three days apart in which...
  6. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  7. Mouse partially not working

Mouse partially not working: So first of all ive tried troubleshooting steps it works on another pc but not on this but it does teleport randomly when moving its a new mouse also it works for like 5 seconds on bootup then cuts off idk why and idk why another mouse works on the same usb port...
  8. Windows partially freezes

Windows partially freezes: Hello. For quite some time now I have the Problem that my PC freezes every few minutes. If I remember right this problem occurred already pretty early, I think a few days, after I upgraded my PC from Win7 to Win10. But it's not like a complete freeze of the whole PC, but...
  9. Game freezes then mouse click stop working

Game freezes then mouse click stop working: It started to happen a couple of days ago: 1. I'm playing a game using a controller and a headphone, both connected via Bluetooth. 2. The game randomly freezes but comes back. While frozen, the controller loses connection but not the headphone. 3. It eventually freezes...
  10. Mouse Click freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse Click freeze: I don't know if I can make this question here, because is about windows 8.1 But, the problem is Sometimes when I click with the right mouse button in any part of the screen, everything freeze for 1 sec and then back to "normal". Could this happening because of the Video...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1089 slow boot