Windows 10: Windows partially freezes

Discus and support Windows partially freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. For quite some time now I have the Problem that my PC freezes every few minutes. If I remember right this problem occurred already pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Okaghana, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Okaghana Win User

Windows partially freezes

Hello.

For quite some time now I have the Problem that my PC freezes every few minutes. If I remember right this problem occurred already pretty early, I think a few days, after I upgraded my PC from Win7 to Win10. But it's not like a complete freeze of the whole PC, but rather only partially hence the name of the question. I can still move my mouse and click on buttons. I also get the visual feedback when I hover over buttons, but the action that is supposed to be happening only activates after a few seconds when the freeze is over. Sometimes I even can move windows around or stuff like this, but most of the time I get a "not responding" in the windows that I'm currently working in.

I tried to do sfc /scannow both in normal- and safeboot, but always getWindows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I posted the whole log from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.loghere.

Then I tried to run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, but gotThe source files could be found. I followed this guide and tried to get the correct source file by specifying an index or extracting the correct install.wim from the iso, but I couldn't get rid of that error.

I also downloaded WPR and ran it, and my computer froze right after I clicked thestart recording button I suspect they are related, but I don't know and then I stopped it shortly after the freeze ended. You can find the filehere

Because It came up: I already replaced my PSU Was on my TODO list anyways and cleaned my PC.

How do I fix the problem?

~Okaghana

:)

Okaghana, Apr 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Partial Freeze

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the computer freeze. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you had installed any third party security application.

This issue may arise due to the following reasons:

1. Driver conflicts or get outdated.

2. Malware attacks.

3. Multiple programs running at a same time.

4. Application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 15, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Windows partially freezes

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows partially freezes

1. Windows partially freezes - Similar Threads - partially freezes

2. HELP: LiveKernelEvent 144 Causing Partial Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP: LiveKernelEvent 144 Causing Partial Freezing: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎03-‎22 7:05 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 100aParameter 2: ffffa2014b437960Parameter...
  3. HELP: LiveKernelEvent 144 Causing Partial Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP: LiveKernelEvent 144 Causing Partial Freezing: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎03-‎22 7:05 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 100aParameter 2: ffffa2014b437960Parameter...
  4. HELP: LiveKernelEvent 144 Causing Partial Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Partially freezing while watching videos on YouTube. -1% GPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Partially freezing while watching videos on YouTube. -1% GPU usage: submitted by /u/kbrizio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhmjs0/partially_freezing_while_watching_videos_on/
  6. Partial system freezes and BSOD when in MS Teams call

Partial system freezes and BSOD when in MS Teams call: Hi everyone About once per week my windows 10 system is partially freezing when I'm in a MS Teams call. Then I still hear the audio but the camera images are frozen and i can't close teams anymore. When I click on the Start icon in the task bar and type somthing in there,...
  7. Windows Partially Freezing

Windows Partially Freezing: Hello, I've been experiencing random freezing to which my screen will freeze and become unresponsive to commands. I can move the mouse, but all things either freeze, leave ghost images or I cant interact with all together. I've had two incidents three days apart in which...
  8. Windows 10 freezes, but remains partially working.

Windows 10 freezes, but remains partially working.: Hi all. I have a 4790K/1660ti/32ram. It will freeze randomly 5 minutes-several hours after boot. I have had cooling problems lately, but this is happening 30-50 degrees celsius when it is fairly idle. It will freeze, but not really. The mouse still works, the start menu...
  9. My laptop partially freeze, help pls :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop partially freeze, help pls :(: Hello, im new on Reddit. Im having a problem with my pc (Dell e7440, 16gb ram, 500hdd, i5vpro). After using it to watch youtube, sometimes it freezes partially. Idk what coul be the problem, im going to add a link so you guys can see what im talking about. Thanks! Dell e7440...
  10. Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing'

Windows randomly breaking and 'partially freezing': I'd usually google a problem but I just dont know where to start and ive been trying for 2 weeks now: While I'm using my computer it will randomly break or 'partially freeze'. It has done this since I reinstalled windows from a usb stick I made using the WMCT. When it...