Windows 10: Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found

Discus and support Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have noticed than in my new Windows 11 that I have just installed using a recovery disk the partition where windows and the programs are it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HH-Services, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found

Hello, I have noticed than in my new Windows 11 that I have just installed using a recovery disk the partition where windows and the programs are it shows that it has taken 50GB of the partition used but when I go and count one by one each folder inside including hidden folders and protected operating folders and files I count 30 GB only. I have cleaned the disk too that I see is recommended but I still get this situation. I am afraid that because I use the recovery drive to reinstall windows this may have created the situation by leaving files and folders from the previous windows 11 tha

:)

HH-Services, Aug 14, 2022
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found

1. Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found - Similar Threads - partition occupied items

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  4. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows partition occupied by items that cannot be found: Hello, I have noticed than in my new Windows 11 that I have just installed using a recovery disk the partition where windows and the programs are it shows that it has taken 50GB of the partition used but when I go and count one by one each folder inside including hidden...
  6. Item not found

Item not found: My pc got attacked by malware, i cleaned them using malwarebytes and Mcafee, after that i got problem in windows update error code 0x80080005 which was then solved by adding a new regisrty in it. But now i got a new problem like i couldn't copy, delete or move files from...
  7. Item Not Found

Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder. However every time I try to delete it I always get this pop-up: [ATTACH] I receive the same message when trying to move it. How can I get rid of this folder? Thanks for any help....
  8. "Item not Found" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Item not Found" error: Hi guys, I have upgraded from Build 18362.86 to .113 using KB4497936 successfully. But when I right click on desktop to create a new folder of text document I get the "Item not Found" error. Kindly advise how to resolve this issue, thanks... 132803
  9. SSD Partition is gone and cannot be found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Partition is gone and cannot be found: Hello, I have a problem with my SSD drive. My SSD drive is a 240GB drive from Intel. Usually I have 2 partitions on this drive: Partition C (with all my programs) and Partition E (with all my data). I use this disk in my laptop and as of today I cannot boot that disk. The...
  10. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....