Windows 10: windows password/pin option

Discus and support windows password/pin option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; so im tryna change my password/pin on my windows computer and whilst i do that, i cant even see the password option, and the pin, isnt even there... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MahmoudJuma, Jan 24, 2021.

1. windows password/pin option

so im tryna change my password/pin on my windows computer and whilst i do that, i cant even see the password option, and the pin, isnt even there toowell it is but it says its not available for my computer, but i have a pin to open my computer??????if anyone knows a way to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated, and yes im up-to-date on my updates on my current system

:)

MahmoudJuma, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 24, 2021
  4. windows password/pin option

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

windows password/pin option

1. windows password/pin option - Similar Threads - password pin option

2. No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11: I just bought a new laptop recently, and at first set up they gave me only pin as an option. When I want to change my pin to password, there is no option, only face recognition, fingerprint, PIN, and physical key. Three of them saying this option is currently unavailable....
  3. No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Password option and PIN this option is currently unavailable on Windows 11: I just bought a new laptop recently, and at first set up they gave me only pin as an option. When I want to change my pin to password, there is no option, only face recognition, fingerprint, PIN, and physical key. Three of them saying this option is currently unavailable....
  4. PIN option not showing and forgot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN option not showing and forgot password: So I just had updates run last night, and now today I can no longer log in. I have been using a PIN to log in for years now, but that option isn't even displaying. Not only that, my password which I know is correct isn't working, the security questions aren't working, and...
  5. PIN option not showing and forgot password

PIN option not showing and forgot password: So I just had updates run last night, and now today I can no longer log in. I have been using a PIN to log in for years now, but that option isn't even displaying. Not only that, my password which I know is correct isn't working, the security questions aren't working, and...
  6. Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option: Good afternoon. This morning, I attempted to login to my laptop, but realized I had forgotten my PIN I usually use the fingerprint scanner. I tried several times, but none of the PINs were correct. Because I’ve tried too many times, there is no “forgot PIN” option anymore....
  7. Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option

Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option: Good afternoon. This morning, I attempted to login to my laptop, but realized I had forgotten my PIN I usually use the fingerprint scanner. I tried several times, but none of the PINs were correct. Because I’ve tried too many times, there is no “forgot PIN” option anymore....
  8. Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable: The option to add a password is not visible from the Sign-in option page and the option to add a PIN is unavailable for some reason. I am still able to sign in via microsoft account although it requires a wifi connection. From where I am from, the wifi can be interrupted at...
  9. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...