Windows 10: Windows Password Required

Discus and support Windows Password Required in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, my system's been requiring me to log into Windows 10 Home. I've used NETPLWIZ to check the User Account and the checkbox is unchecked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THMarana, Sep 7, 2018.

1. THMarana Win User

Windows Password Required

Recently, my system's been requiring me to log into Windows 10 Home.

I've used NETPLWIZ to check the User Account and the checkbox is unchecked for my Administrator account.

Any other suggestions for removing the password requirement are appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

THMarana, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Jefferson Ore Win User

Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Password Required - Similar Threads - Password Required

2. Login password required after power saving shut off, why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login password required after power saving shut off, why?: Whilst using netplwiz I have disabled password requirement. (disabled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer) This works fine at booting, or restarting. After a 'power saving-shut off' (probably a sign off?) and reactivating the laptop, I need to enter...
  3. Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run: Hello all, I normally use a mac so am not proficient on Windows anymore. I have a PC in one of my classrooms running windows 10. I installed an app while logged in as administrator. Another user logged on and wanted to use the app, but it asked for an admin password. How do I...
  4. Windows 10 computer suddenly requiring password again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 computer suddenly requiring password again: I have a Windows 10 computer, which I have had for a while now. I had shut off the requirement for a password when turning it on. This has been fine for over a year. Never needing to enter a password. However, for the past 2 days, I have needed to enter the password. I...
  5. Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed: Hello, I've been looking around for an option like this. What I want to happen is just close my laptop lid, and have it log me out/switch user, such that when I open my laptop lid again it requires a password. However I do not want my laptop to go into sleep mode as this...
  6. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  7. Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?: Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know, on windows...
  8. File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer not openning but cannot find admin password required to run repair programs: File explorer no longer opens. Some suggestions from help for fixing the problem i.e. command prompt, require the admin password which I cannot locate - it's an old computer and I'm not even sure I created one. Is there a work around for this so I can run the repairs which...
  9. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  10. No ability to require a password when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    No ability to require a password when waking from sleep: I'm hoping someone else has found a resolution to a persistent problem. I have no option available anywhere to require/not require a password when waking from sleep. I have a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit computer (in fact several of them) that is kept up to date with every Windows...