Windows 10: Windows password stops working after update

Discus and support Windows password stops working after update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mooselord69, May 3, 2022.

1. Windows password stops working after update

After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the last quality update over and over again every time it forces me to update. USB password reset didn't workCreated a new Local account and I can still log into that. I've tried to reset the password from there in various ways and nothing. You can see the new password updated because the password hint updates. But it still

:)

mooselord69, May 3, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows password stopped working

Change the password using Option 5 of
    Change passwords of Local and MSAccounts - TenForumsTutorials
    You will recognise its Step 4 but might prefer its Step 3.

This method will not require use of the old password.

Denis

Try3, May 3, 2022
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 3, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows password stops working after update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows password stops working after update

1. Windows password stops working after update - Similar Threads - password stops working

2. Windows password stops working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows password stops working after update: After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the...
  3. Windows password stops working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows password stops working after update: After one update around August 2020, my password stopped working for my one and only account Local even though I knew I was typing it in right. I haven't found a solution that worked on the internet or the mental energy to deal with it more. So i've just been uninstalling the...
  4. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password doesn't work after updating Windows?: My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is my Microsoft account, even tested it on my phone and the login is fine. Tried uninstalling the update by holding shift and...
  5. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password doesn't work after updating Windows?: My PC randomly updated on its own and when I tried to login to my account, it keeps saying the password is incorrect. This is not true as my login is my Microsoft account, even tested it on my phone and the login is fine. Tried uninstalling the update by holding shift and...
  6. Password doesn't work after updating Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Password does not work after a windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password does not work after a windows update: After a windows update a few days ago, ive been unable to log into my computer since it for some reason belives I am putting the wrong password/Pin. I put the right pin and it tells me “Something went wrong and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again.” I try...
  8. Password won't work after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  9. Password stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password stopped working: I have been using the same password for the last 4 years, and suddenly Microsoft takes it as wrong. I tried to enter it multiple times but it was not ACCEPTED in any way. I was forced to change my password and now I can't return to my old one, cause your software suddenly...
  10. Password will not work after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password will not work after windows update: I got back home from vacation and my pc pc finis updateing and when i go to put in my pin it tells me im wrong so i try my password and onve again it told me im wrong. So i try a few more times and it fails to work. So i change my password and try it and it still doesnt work....