Windows 10: Windows Password Update

Discus and support Windows Password Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I keep getting a message on my WIN10 computer that says I have a problem with one of my accounts. When I click on the message it says it is the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TomFick, Apr 7, 2020.

1. TomFick Win User

Windows Password Update

I keep getting a message on my WIN10 computer that says I have a problem with one of my accounts. When I click on the message it says it is the Microsoft account, and then lists my account as*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

That is not my account which is used to login to this chat session. Unfortunately I tried to “correct” it several times, putting in my correct UN and PW, which it kept telling me was incorrect. It finally occurred to me that:

1. This is spam and someone has done a masterful job of getting into my system, or

2. This is not bad guy spam, just an error Microsoft needs to correct.

Either way, please tell me how to stop if from continually coming up when I start a session and intermittently please.

:)

TomFick, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 7, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Windows Password Update

Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Password Update

1. Windows Password Update - Similar Threads - Password Update

2. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  3. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  4. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  6. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  7. Update expired password on a remote window 11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update expired password on a remote window 11 machine: I have a physical windows 11 machine. I was using RDP to access this machine. I have admin rights to this machine. Looks like the password has expired. I am not able to access this machine anymore and cannot update the password using RDP. Is there any way I can update the...
  8. Update expired password on a remote window 11 machine

Update expired password on a remote window 11 machine: I have a physical windows 11 machine. I was using RDP to access this machine. I have admin rights to this machine. Looks like the password has expired. I am not able to access this machine anymore and cannot update the password using RDP. Is there any way I can update the...
  9. ProtonPass, Microsoft Platform, Change/Update login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProtonPass, Microsoft Platform, Change/Update login password: Using ProtonPass, the Proton Mail add-on for the maintenance and generation of secure passwords, I have problems that appear only on Microsoft. Meaning, when I go to change the password to replace it in my Microsoft account, even if I set ProtonPass to generate 15 numbers,...
  10. ProtonPass, Microsoft Platform, Change/Update login password

ProtonPass, Microsoft Platform, Change/Update login password: Using ProtonPass, the Proton Mail add-on for the maintenance and generation of secure passwords, I have problems that appear only on Microsoft. Meaning, when I go to change the password to replace it in my Microsoft account, even if I set ProtonPass to generate 15 numbers,...