Windows 10: Windows Password won't update

Discus and support Windows Password won't update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, When I change my Windows password it does not update on my PC. It does update on my account on the Microsoft website though. I've been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jc1356, May 2, 2020.

1. jc1356 Win User

Windows Password won't update

Hi folks,

When I change my Windows password it does not update on my PC. It does update on my account on the Microsoft website though. I've been doing it through "Forgot my Password" on the page requesting a password when I boot up the PC. The old password continues to work on the PC. It also hangs when I try to add a Hello PIN.

I got a threatening email and they did know the password. The password was used in a couple other websites, none of which I accessed recently -- since all changed. Norton scans say everything is fine. Norton Power Eraser said Registry System Settings were bad so I had it repair it. Rerun of Eraser says everything is fine now.

I do not have the Reset option. I have Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks!

:)

jc1356, May 2, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 2, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Password won't update - Similar Threads - Password won't update

2. My email won't update, it's asking to update password, which won't work or give permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email won't update, it's asking to update password, which won't work or give permission...: see subject line!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-wont-update-its-asking-to-update-password/979d03e8-aaef-442c-9987-0731ac8ca7d3
  3. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept password: Can't log into laptop due to password not reconised say i need usb key to put reset code in but still wont accecpt password thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-password/0a9b3ec6-854e-4a20-9bde-ce113591cbb4
  4. games password won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games password won't work: I have been using 5 casual games daily for years now. Last weekend they started asking for passwords and will not open. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-password-wont-work/caac1913-7932-4501-8a18-4cf36702a64a
  5. Password won't work

Password won't work: Password will not work at intial login or safe mode. I logged in successful on my other computer. It is not a pin I've tried safe mode 4, 5, & 6 I've tried using on screen keyboard I cant get to prompt screen because it won't take pswrd. Please help me. Thank you...
  6. After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password: I updated to Windows 1903 today (8/29/19). I use Thunderbird as my e-mail client. Once the update was done, Thunderbird started asking me to re-input my password. Every time I do, it says, "Sending of password for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** did not...
  7. Won't recognize password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't recognize password: Each and every time I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, it says that I have the wrong password. So....I go through the process of getting a code and changing my password. Then when I try to sign in with the new password, it says that it is the wrong password....
  8. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  9. Password won't work.

Password won't work.: Hi, Yesterday I got a second hand Laptop, I had signed into my account and got everything I had on my old laptop onto my newer one. I switched my computer off for awhile this morning. But I couldn't log back in, I changed my password and tried logging in again but it...
  10. Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update

Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update: I left my boys laptop on overnight updating windows 10. In the morning when it started up the only account on the PC it wouldn't accept the password , said it was incorrect. I checked using the eye In case keyboard error was typing wrong key. Flight mode has been activated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont update