Windows 10: Windows Password won't update

Discus and support Windows Password won't update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, When I change my Windows password it does not update on my PC. It does update on my account on the Microsoft website though. I've been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jc1356, May 2, 2020.

1. jc1356 Win User

Windows Password won't update

Hi folks,

When I change my Windows password it does not update on my PC. It does update on my account on the Microsoft website though. I've been doing it through "Forgot my Password" on the page requesting a password when I boot up the PC. The old password continues to work on the PC. It also hangs when I try to add a Hello PIN.

I got a threatening email and they did know the password. The password was used in a couple other websites, none of which I accessed recently -- since all changed. Norton scans say everything is fine. Norton Power Eraser said Registry System Settings were bad so I had it repair it. Rerun of Eraser says everything is fine now.

I do not have the Reset option. I have Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks!

:)

jc1356, May 2, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 2, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Password won't update - Similar Threads - Password won't update

2. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  3. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows recovery options won't accept newly updated password!: I couldn't remember my password for the email linked to my pc which I was asked to enter in order to run any recovery options when opening in recovery mode. So I went to outlook.com and updated the password. Now my pc won't accept it? My computer crashed during an update and...
  6. Windows Update Won't Allow My Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Update Won't Allow My Password: Every morning I need to go to the restart button and go to 'advanced options' and 'Uninstall Quality Update' in order to get into my computer. How do I fix this, as it has been going on for weeks. I assumed another update would have been brought out to fix the issue, as I...
  7. Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update ver. 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  8. Password won't work after Windows Update

Password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  9. Password won't work after quality update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password won't work after quality update: So a few days ago i installed the latest quality update (2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756)). When attempting to login after the update my password was registering as incorrect. (This is just a local account pw, not for my...
  10. Password won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated & now I can't login to computer. I tried changing password & have done that twice. I'm now locked out. Anhy help would be appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont update