Windows 10: Windows Password

Discus and support Windows Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The requirement from Windows 10 to sign in every time is getting very very old quickly. I think I have everything set correctly, but maybe I'm doing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DaveP, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DaveP Win User

Windows Password

The requirement from Windows 10 to sign in every time is getting very very old quickly. I think I have everything set correctly, but maybe I'm doing something wrong? Under sign in options, I've indicated never; however, I'm still forced to sign every time. I've also gone into the power settings and changed the sleep options to no password. Is there anything else that I'm not doing? Thanks.

:)

DaveP, Sep 1, 2015

2. Need help please I cannot sign on to my computer since I upgraded to windows 10

Need help please I cannot sign on to my computer since I upgraded to windows 10

Incorrect password, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Windows Stuck in Offline Mode

So my laptop is able to connect to Wi-Fi, go online, watch videos and stuff like that. But when it comes to trying to use the Marketplace, Apps that require an online connection or updating I'm told my laptop is offline. I have tried several upon several
    methods and none of them work, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

A Bad Password, Sep 1, 2015
  4. rmtracy Win User

Windows Password

Simply open up the search window, type netplwiz, and uncheck the "users must enter a user name and password on the popup window. You will have to type your password two times, but well worth it.

Ray

the Old Marine

rmtracy, Sep 1, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    and if you want the same user to be logged in at startup every time, click on the advanced tab and set that up there.

NavyLCDR, Sep 1, 2015
  6. rmtracy Win User
    Sorry, missed that, as I am the only one on this PC.

Ray

rmtracy, Sep 1, 2015
  7. DaveP Win User
    Done that but it doesn't solve the problem, nor does setting the user under advanced. I think part of my problem is that MS is trying to log me in using my Outlook account credentials. Has anyone run into this? When I reach the log on page, rather than my name appearing, "myname@gmail.com appears. Thanks for all your help.

DaveP, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Windows Password

Then L: myname@gmail.com is the account you are normally logging in with so that is the account you would setup to automatically login via netplwiz.

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2015
  9. DaveP Win User
    Thanks Ztruker. Added my gmail ID and no more password requirement.

DaveP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Password

1. Windows Password - Similar Threads - Password

2. My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...: I really need help with this and support wants me to sign in to my account but my account had its email and password changed I’m still logged in to it on my phone and can see the email is some crazy .ru name...
  3. My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...: I really need help with this and support wants me to sign in to my account but my account had its email and password changed I’m still logged in to it on my phone and can see the email is some crazy .ru name...
  4. My account was hacked and they instantly changed the email and password and unlinked...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  6. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  7. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  9. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  10. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...