Windows 10: Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc

Discus and support Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for some help. Loaded the windows 7-13 patch released the other night and it has completely locked my pc. No matter what I have tried, all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pittman, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Pittman Win User

Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc

Looking for some help. Loaded the windows 7-13 patch released the other night and it has completely locked my pc. No matter what I have tried, all I see is a black screen with a blue windows box. The pc doesnt seem to get into start up mode. Ive tried the standard CTL+Alt+DLT, F2, and F12 solutions with no luck. Tried turning off and on three consecutive times and disconnecting monitor. All with no luck. I cant go back to previous windows release because pc doesnt launch. Even the mouse cursor doesnt show. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Pittman, Jul 16, 2021

2. Windows 8.1 Available on ORIGIN PC Desktops and Laptops

ORIGIN PC is now offering Microsoft's latest and highly-anticipated update, Windows 8.1, to their full line of award-winning desktops and laptops for gamers, artists, professionals and enthusiasts. Windows 8.1 delivers the most complete set of experiences and the widest range of in-box apps and services than ever before. The new Windows 8.1 update now includes exciting new features like the iconic Windows START button that allows for one-click access to the innovative start screen, gives users the option to boot directly to their desktop or start screen, provides a global search within the PC and web and so much more!

All ORIGIN PC system orders with Windows 8.1 pre-installed will begin shipping on or after the official launch day of October 17, 2013. All existing ORIGIN PC customers with Windows 8 can choose to update to Windows 8.1 for free on its official launch day through the windows app store! ORIGIN PC also still provides its customers with the option of Windows 7 if desired.

Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc ORIGIN_PC_Win_8.1_banner_thm.jpg

Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc origin_genesis_PC_thm.jpg

Windows 8.1 New Features:
    • Modern UI Experience- Multitask with up to four apps or sites open side-by-side at the same time.
    • Boot To Desktop - Allows users to choose to boot directly to their desktop or start screen of your choice
    • New Start Button - The iconic Start button is now located on the taskbar allowing one-click access to the Start Screen and provides additional options
    • Enhanced Search- New Bing-powered search returns results from across your devices, apps and the cloud.
    • New Windows Store - Find your favorite apps and discover new experiences in the redesigned Windows Store.
    • New Backgrounds - Choose from new backgrounds, colors and live tiles for an experience that's uniquely yours.
    • Cloud Ready - Access all your files, photos and settings, from anywhere, with SkyDrive cloud-based storage and sync.
    • Free Update For Current Windows 8 Users - Existing Windows 8 users can update to Windows 8.1 by downloading directly through the Windows App Store for free.
    • Free Lifetime 24/7 Support - Every ORIGIN PC comes with industry leading Lifetime 24/7 Support based in the United States ready to help answer any Windows 8.1 related questions.
    "One of my favorite things about Windows 8.1 is now having the ability to choose where you want to boot directly to, your desktop or directly to the start screen menu." said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. "With Windows 8.1, it's an evolutionary step in the right direction and we're extremely excited to immediately begin offering it to all ORIGIN PC customers to have it ready to ship by launch day."

Cristian_25H, Jul 16, 2021
  3. trickson Win User
    Windows 7 "God Mode" thoughts?

Not following you here. Please do the steps over. as it is confusing as what to do in the steps.

trickson, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Phusius Win User

Windows 7 "God Mode" thoughts?

If you have windows 7 32 or 64 bit OS then this works for you.

Step 1. on your desktop create a new folder
    Step 2. name it Example.{ed7ba470-8e54-465e-825c-99712043e01c}
    Step 3. ???????????
    Step 4. Press enter and PROFIT!!!

Where it says example you can name it anything you want, I just put example to use as one. The only thing that appears under the new icon is what you name it before the long text string. The folder will turn into a control panel icon. Its kind of like a super-control panel on steroids with lots of subtasks.

For reference if you have these OS it will work on it.

Windows 7 32 bit- WORKS
    Windows 7 64 bit- WORKS
    Windows Vista 32 bit- WORKS
    Windows Vista 64 bit- DOES NOT WORK

Some dude on another forum posted this, is this legit or is going to destroy my PC?

Phusius, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc - Similar Threads - patch froze desktop

2. My PC will not detect my iPhone 13?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will not detect my iPhone 13?: I have tried other cords, restarting iPhone and computer, updating drivers etc. When I plug my phone into my laptop, the laptop detects it. Yet, with the pc, it will not recognize my iPhone is plugged in....
  3. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc froze during reset: Hi I need help my pc froze during a reset and is now stuck at 76% what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-during-reset/d20ac668-32dd-4e62-af7d-1cd76bd7e2c7
  4. My Pc froze and won’t move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc froze and won’t move: Hi after recently updating my windows 10 NVIDIA graphics card my pc has frozen and I am not able to do anything not even able to turn it off and when I close the lid on my laptop it just keeps the screen on.Please help...
  5. My Pc froze and won’t move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc froze and won’t move: Hi after recently updating my windows 10 NVIDIA graphics card my pc has frozen and I am not able to do anything not even able to turn it off and when I close the lid on my laptop it just keeps the screen on.Please help...
  6. My Pc froze and won’t move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. It's Patch Tuesday 7/13/21 And Here's Some Info On KB5004237

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It's Patch Tuesday 7/13/21 And Here's Some Info On KB5004237: Hello Everyone, Today is patch Tuesday and here is the Highlights for todays cumulative KB5004237 Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-patch-tuesday-71321-and-heres-some-info-on/0ce314ab-aa4c-4a2e-862a-bc4493a14acc
  8. The latest patch will not install on my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest patch will not install on my pc: KB4601319 I've tried everything literally and it just will not patch up at all, it installed the other essential updates and I'm 20H2 submitted by /u/GabrielChucky94 [link] [comments]...
  9. My PC froze while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC froze while playing games.: So I had a laptop Dell Inspiron 13-7353 for a few months. Last week, my PC froze while I play games. I can't interact anything. I have no idea what is the problem. Although, it doesn't show the blue screen. After I log in after restart, I noticed that there are no problems...
  10. Pc froze up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc froze up.: While playing video games my computer sometimes freezes up completely. Windows reliability monitor shows: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎4/‎14/‎2020 8:06 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...