Windows 10: Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver

Discus and support Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, recent Windows 10 Patching has broken my printer driver. I have tried to remove and reinstall to no avail. I keep getting message invalid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Footie Mad, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver

Hi,

recent Windows 10 Patching has broken my printer driver. I have tried to remove and reinstall to no avail. I keep getting message invalid printer driver when going to print from edge etc. My printer is an Epson WF-2630

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900
    Thnx

:)

Footie Mad, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

printer driver

Hi Catherine,

We need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your printer concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you having an issue using your printer or downloading the driver for your printer?
    • If you're having an issue downloading the driver for your printer, can you please tell us how do you download the its driver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you do it.
    • Are you encountering an error message when you attempt to download the driver for your printer? We strongly recommend that you post a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.
    • If the issue is with the printer itself, are you having a problem in printing or scanning? What is happening when you attempt to print or scan?

Argel Obm, Jul 2, 2020
  3. 1803+Printer-Invalid Driver

After the 1803 upgrade, I can longer print to either of my wireless printers.

I have read a number of post in this forum and tried the options suggested - no luck yet.

I contacted my printer manufacturer (Brother) and they tried a few things - still no luck.

I have removed all drivers, and re-installed current driver from the Brother website (DCP-L2520DW). The install goes perfect ... drivers installed, network printer found, etc.

After re-boot, when I try to print a test page, I always get "Test page failed to print, the specified driver is invalid".

I have a secondary laptop (not upgraded to 1803), and that prints just fine.

Idea's? Any more options?

AStanfield, Jul 2, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver

Printer with decent driver

look for printers with PCL / Postscript support .. these languages are standarized and there are drivers for all platforms.

W1zzard, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver

1. Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver - Similar Threads - Patch broke printer

2. printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer driver: need a printer driver for hp officejet pro 8600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver/7c899b9a-3d82-4563-ad51-762cec9e0b86
  3. printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer driver: windows versio 21HE 64 based system, after 3rd March update I cannot print documents. I removed my epson 335 wifi printer and reinstalled but a message cones up "printer driver not available....
  4. Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Drivers: Dell 1355cn Color MFP W10 New DriverBOBruce OttFri 2022-01-28 11:06 PMTo: Microsoft CommunityThe latest W10 printer driver for the above-referenced has lost some functionality from the previous, i.e., to print two-sided w/o a duplicator on the printer a drop down menu used to...
  5. Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Drivers: Dell 1355cn Color MFP W10 New DriverBOBruce OttFri 2022-01-28 11:06 PMTo: Microsoft CommunityThe latest W10 printer driver for the above-referenced has lost some functionality from the previous, i.e., to print two-sided w/o a duplicator on the printer a drop down menu used to...
  6. Printer driver

Printer driver: After latest Windows 10 update I lost my printer Epson D68 photo edition.Is it not supported anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver/e1a9a49f-219a-4a08-86f9-33c4ef996749
  7. Printer Drivers

Printer Drivers: Dear Microsoft Representative, Hello there. My name is Kevin Perez. I, thanks to Full Sail University, am proficient in Assembly Language. As a result of this training, I am hoping to write my own printer drivers. I may need your permission in order to do this. I don't plan...
  8. Printer driver

Printer driver: I am trying to install a new printer on my desktop. I have added the printer and see it, but the message says "driver is unavailable" How do I correct that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver/c1fee029-dcb3-47c1-a1c0-fc4200e391e3
  9. Printer Drivers

Printer Drivers: First my new Canon printer scanner MX 474 drivers(mp files) will not load on this computer. I then noticed The new windows update will not install 2019-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4503327) -Error 0x800706be. Plus error codes...
  10. printer drivers

printer drivers: Hi Folks. A while ago I bought a new PC with windows 10 installed on it. Now, sadly, I cannot use my OKI C3100 colour laser jet printer anymore. Could you please give me some advise on how to make it work again? Many thanks Scott...