Windows 10: Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

Discus and support Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I turned on my windows laptop today only to find that nothing worked. Every three seconds the screen would flash white and the desktop/taskbar would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Microsoft_435, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

I turned on my windows laptop today only to find that nothing worked. Every three seconds the screen would flash white and the desktop/taskbar would appear to refresh. I cant open any apps unless I use task manager and I cant use any windows function. Scanning for corrupted files didn't work. When I end Windows explorer the whole screen goes white. When I open the services application through task manager and turn the Windows Error Reporting Service to manual the screen flashes/refreshes significantly more often.

:)

Microsoft_435, Oct 25, 2021

2. PC continues to refresh

Hi ken,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to download the media creation tool to install windows 10 and create Windows 10 installation DVD media and try Repairing your Computer.

Follow the below steps:

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 25, 2021
  3. PC continues to refresh

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur due to any third party application conflict.

I suggest you to start you system in safe mode and check if the issue persist. If in safe mode, issue didn’t persist then, perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 25, 2021
  4. KenHenne Win User

Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

PC continues to refresh

I went through your process as described and nothing changed as far as the refreshing is concerned.

While in SAFE mode, the refreshing continues. Same after the CLEAN boot was performed.

Something a little different was that the browser continued to open a window to Windows10 Support each time the screen refreshed. Maybe that will give you an idea of where this is coming from.

Control Panel or Explorer will disappear when the screen refreshes. Also all ICONS temporarily disappear.

Any more ideas. I will certainly try most anything.

Thanks

KenHenne, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

1. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting. - Similar Threads - appears continuously refreshing

2. Windows 11 PC in continuous boot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC in continuous boot cycle: Despite the computer working yesterday, my PC is stuck in a restart loop and I have run out of troubleshooting options.When the PC turns on, all LED's and fans turn on for roughly 10 seconds, then it shuts off. No image is being displayed and it will continue to turn on and...
  3. Windows 11 PC in continuous boot cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC in continuous boot cycle: Despite the computer working yesterday, my PC is stuck in a restart loop and I have run out of troubleshooting options.When the PC turns on, all LED's and fans turn on for roughly 10 seconds, then it shuts off. No image is being displayed and it will continue to turn on and...
  4. Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade: If I'm logged in as normal not admin user, my screen continually refreshes. The pause between refreshing gets shorter and shorter as time goes by. If I log in as admin, all is fine. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks....
  5. Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade

Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade: If I'm logged in as normal not admin user, my screen continually refreshes. The pause between refreshing gets shorter and shorter as time goes by. If I log in as admin, all is fine. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks....
  6. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.: I turned on my windows laptop today only to find that nothing worked. Every three seconds the screen would flash white and the desktop/taskbar would appear to refresh. I cant open any apps unless I use task manager and I cant use any windows function. Scanning for corrupted...
  7. Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows PC appears to be continuously refreshing after booting.: I turned on my windows laptop today only to find that nothing worked. Every three seconds the screen would flash white and the desktop/taskbar would appear to refresh. I cant open any apps unless I use task manager and I cant use any windows function. Scanning for corrupted...
  8. Device manager continuous refresh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager continuous refresh: we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so. Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450 win 10 pro upgraded from win 7 HP Z220 workstation 164312
  9. Device manager continuous refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Device manager continuous refresh: we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so. Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450 win 10 pro upgraded from win 7 HP Z220 workstation 164312
  10. Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes after refreshing on a boot: When I start my PC and refresh it, The screen instantly freezes and I cant select any icon. It happens every time. The comes to normal after about 5 minutes. What can I do?...